PDA

View Full Version : New hunter goin for Mule

Redneck
11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey guys n gals,

So my buddy and I are heading up the Coquihalla this weekend, if we can make it. Were goin to be hittin up a spot we scouted out by Ladner Creek Trail and Sowaqua Creek FSR area. We will be camping over night, sleeping in my truck. Since I am new, and he's not a hunter I was wondering if I could get some advice. Things to bring that you wouldn't think of, things to be prepared for, or just any info on this area. Anything would be much appreciated as we were all new at one time. :)

PS: What's the legal amount of shells a pump action shotty can hold to hunt upland birds?

mr eagle
11-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Be prepared for snow, and slippery roads.

RayHill
11-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Wool clothes, Thermal underwear, Heat packs, good boots, gun, ammo, compass, food, lots of water, lighter, knife, meat saw, rope, tarps, flashlight, cheese cloth bags, sleeping bags, axe, back pack and a tooth brush. That should do it. Lol look in your core book the list is in there too.

kako
11-18-2010, 08:24 PM
sowaqua creek is now locked higher up.they told me it was to be locked until tuesday.my buddy is pulling out a few machines then.hike around a few gates and i think you will do ok

knighthunter
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Shovel, axe, lots of blankets, matches, grub, tow rope, tow-chain, toilet paper, warm clothing.
Are you sleeping in the cab, in the back under a truck-cap, in a truck-camper?

RJ
11-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Tell someone where you're going, and go where you told them. Also a time when they should come looking for ya

BlacktailStalker
11-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Chains and a saw.

elkhunter1
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Some kind of heater,
Generator with electric heater.
or Propane with tent heater.
Going to be COLD

endtimerwithabow
11-18-2010, 09:26 PM
microwave to heat up some cofe brrrrrr lol

NoLimit99
11-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Actually just came from that area its a mess.

There is alot of snow already and still coming down. My report is the deer are now coming down from the mtn tops and still no rut yet to my knowledge. I just got back and filmed some action which I will post soon of an encounter. It seems the bucks are coming lower as well as I saw alot of mature buck tracks, fresh ones.

They still are shy but not rutting yet. Be careful and if your gut feeling tells you some thing is wrong or will be wrong while you are out in the bush then LISTEN to it because chances are some thing will go wrong and the conditions up there are no laughing matter...

P.s... dont want to worry you just want you to be aware and careful. It's to risky doing it alone. And tell some one where you are going that's critical. Good luck and happy hunting.

Redneck
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
My truck tires are alright, should be able to get up there at least. Not sure how much of sowaqua creek I'll be checkin out, what you mean by machines? We will be sleeping the front seats of my chevy colorado, they kick back. I'll let people know where Im goin and I better be back Sunday by 5 or ill miss my hockey game! haha. I do not have chains for my truck :???: hope I can still make it. I'll probably borrow my buddys Candian Tire Eliminator which i could plug a little heater into. Also maybe try the old, tea pot candle trick. Microwave is a bit exessive haha just drink it cowboy style, ground beans n all!

NoLimit99 thanks for the advice, I'll check it out still, I gotta! I always listen to my gut feelings and I will be with a buddy so that helps. I'll leave a map of where Im goin to my buddys and my gf.

gutpile
11-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Redneck you should have chains if you are going in there.

Sheldon
11-20-2010, 08:28 AM
You are bordering on certifiable to try and go out there without chains, a saw, axe, and a good shovel.

Good luck,

Redneck
11-23-2010, 07:13 PM
It was a good trip, didnt need chains the snow wasnt bad at all. Me and my buddy slept in my truck and it was all good. Didnt see anything but tracks.. Oh well maybe next time.

yamadirt 426
11-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I can't believe your user name hasn't been taken before you signed up in sep. lol better luck next time

Brew
11-23-2010, 08:13 PM
put your drinking water in a cooler with no ice so it doesn't freeze along with your food. Also a eliminater wont power a heater. you will have to get a little closer to yer buddy.