PDA

View Full Version : Whitetails within 1h from kamloops?

yzchamp
11-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Thinking of trying my luck looking for a whitetail this weekend as a last day of hunting this season. What do you guys suggest for location?? Not looking for a honey hole just general location where i can see some and hopefully get a buck..:)
Thanks !

Jelvis
11-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Lac Lejeaune area / Logan Lake .. Surry Sussex turnoff from Meadow Creek

M.Dean
11-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Most WT don't live in the high country, there low down, near farms and ranches. You want a place where there's public land boarding a ranch or farm. Cherry Creek area, Pritchard maybe, low down on the Heffly Creek road, there's some around here but you have to go through Private Property to get there. I'd try around 6 mile lake, Tunkwa Lake area, good luck!

yzchamp
11-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks .:)

KevinB
11-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Be prepared to feel a bit frustrated at times - in general and it's hard to know if you are really hunting a spot that holds them until you see a few, and the WT's around here seem to be pretty reclusive. I've manged to see a grand total of 2 this fall. Now that it's snowing you'll be able to locate scrapes much more easily, if you find scrapes then you know WT's are there and that really helps with the patience game.

Darksith
11-19-2010, 04:24 PM
go for a drive to cherryville or armstrong, both a little farther, but at least you have a chance of seeing a WT

yzchamp
11-19-2010, 04:46 PM
go for a drive to cherryville or armstrong, both a little farther, but at least you have a chance of seeing a WT

i like the idea of seeing one..:) different region too so could take another mule also..think armstrong is closer.. good hunting up there?

ufishifish2
11-19-2010, 06:10 PM
There are cranker Mule deer around Armstrong.... but there are 2 problems with this great idea.
1.) It is currently closed for Mule deer. Won't re-open until Nov.25th at which time it is Bow-only.
2.) Armstrong bucks get big because they feed all summer on the farmers private land, and they hide in the "No Hunting" areas of Silver Star Park.