PDA

View Full Version : The rut in region 5

BigMoosey
11-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Can anyone tell me how far along the rut is in region 5? Start, middle or end?

BlacktailStalker
11-18-2010, 06:50 PM
It will be prime when you can start hunting.

BigMoosey
11-18-2010, 08:13 PM

I thought someone would say that! Thanks.

cariboobill
11-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Hello:

Was on a week ago, then stopped, when it warmed up. Not much activity now, although it is -17 C here in Region 5 as I write this. So maybe they could be rutting after it opens on the 21st. But my experience is better to not harvest that late here, unless you want a real stinky deer.

CB

Sooke Hunter
11-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Hillarious...good reply!!

KB90
11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Hillarious...good reply!!

Why hilarious? Region 5 is closed right now opens sunday. So it will be great when we can hunt again :)

But really I don't understand the questions for the time of rut. It happens every year in november..... They don't look at a calendar and decide to rut saturday and sunday then take a couple days off then rut thursday.

Get out there when it opens again and it should be prime :D I can't wait!!! Snow and Cold AWESOME

BigMoosey
11-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Why hilarious? Region 5 is closed right now opens sunday. So it will be great when we can hunt again :)

But really I don't understand the questions for the time of rut. It happens every year in november..... They don't look at a calendar and decide to rut saturday and sunday then take a couple days off then rut thursday.

Get out there when it opens again and it should be prime :D I can't wait!!! Snow and Cold AWESOME

I agree, there's nothing like the cold and snow for a great hunt.

BigMoosey
11-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Hello:

Was on a week ago, then stopped, when it warmed up. Not much activity now, although it is -17 C here in Region 5 as I write this. So maybe they could be rutting after it opens on the 21st. But my experience is better to not harvest that late here, unless you want a real stinky deer.

CB

Best to harvest does imo, better meat.