PDA

View Full Version : moose 3-19a

hntcrazy
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
A friend drew leh moose in 3-19a . Anyone seen any bulls he could shoot at .
Thanx in advance..........:-D

3kills
11-17-2010, 11:31 PM
not hearin of much at all

Darksith
11-18-2010, 05:07 AM
shit, there are a ton of moose in that area. I got my immature there. You just gotta get out there. Especially now that the snow is flying, find some fresh tracks and get on them. The moose will be in the timber for the most part now I would think.

Brew
11-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Was there last weekend. Saw a few moose. after the snow hit last friday night there was tracks everywhere. All track lead to the thick patches of timber.

3kills
11-18-2010, 08:17 AM
what side of the hiway is 3-19 a? is it the mab side or the helmer side?

MuleyMadness
11-18-2010, 09:53 AM
It's the west side of the Coq basically between the Tunkwa Lake Road and the Coq, South of Kamloops to Merritt.

If your friend spends time in there, he will find his moose. Now that there is snow up there, look for basins and areas (swamps and dry swamps)where the food is concentrated, and watch those and the thick timber that is around them where the moose will hide out when not feeding. They don't want to travel far right now because they are tired and need to put on weight, so hitting the concentrated food sources and the routes into/out of them is your best best. It's a tough hunt, because the animals are holed up after the rut, but with snow, cold (like will be really here in the next few days) and enough work and he will be successful. The best places in 3-19a are those that people have a tough time getting into once the heavy snow arrives, so I recommend a very good truck at the minimum, or a sled for when the snow gets really heavy. Fire me a PM if you like, I can go into a bit more detail for you :)

johnk
11-18-2010, 10:39 AM
If you take your time and familiarize yourself with the drainage downstream of Dominic Lake you will find a bull there or in the huge cutblock that is adjoining. The "Hollywood Bowl" is a popular sledding area and has moose all around it.