PDA

View Full Version : Hunting-First Cold Snap

Cyrus
11-17-2010, 08:04 AM
I was thinking of heading up to Region 5 for Sunday to try and get that 4 point buck everyone is looking for. It is supposed to hit temps of anywhere from -15 to -25 say a few "weather guys". Either way it will be the 1st cold snap of the year. If it does hit temps that low do you think it will be a shock to the system of deer and they will just stay huddled up in the thick bush? Or will they be on the move because it is still rut time? I ask this as last year in October it hit -20 overnight and I never saw a deer for 3 days?? At times like this would mid day hunting be preferable?

2x4x16
11-17-2010, 08:13 AM
First thing is to check the regs and your area. season have changed from last year

pazz0
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
If he goes up on Sunday like he said, then he should be ok, no?
The dates for ★4 Point Bucks are Nov 1 - Nov 10 and Nov 21 - Nov 30. Sunday is Nov 21st ;)

coach
11-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I would think your chances should improve, for two reasons: 1 - the rut is still on and cold weather isn't going to slow that down. 2 - warm blooded need to keep moving and to eat in order to stay warm. The only way you will really know is to get out there and try. Just make sure you're prepared for the cold and for snow on the roads. Good luck and remember to post your pics when you get back.