PDA

View Full Version : Final day of four point season in region 8 - videos

coach
11-17-2010, 12:25 AM
I was limited to only a few hours of hunting time on November 10th but made an effort to find a 4 point mule deer. I decided to hunt a fairly popular area in 8-11, but to stay away from the roads and hike back in the trees. I parked my truck down low and had a friend drop me up high. The plan was to spend a few hours hiking down to my truck. I figured if I could find some does, the bucks couldn't be far away.

My partner arrived a few minutes late, and we rushed a bit while I changed vehicles. As a result, I forgot my binoculars in my own truck - something I didn't realize until he had dropped me off and drove away. Fortunately, I had my video camera, so I decided to use the zoom feature as an alternative.

I decided to hike up a short distance before starting down, and immediately saw fresh tracks and a couple of beds in the new snow. The tracks went up, so I decided to abandon my original plan and follow the fresh sign. Although I was in and out of cell range, I was able to get a text out to my partner and he agreed to pick me up a few hours later.

It didn't take long until I saw my first deer of the day. The rest of the story is in these two videos:

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/?action=view&current=November102010partone.mp4

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/?action=view&current=November102010parttwo.mp4

I was whispering throughout the videos so as not to spook any animals. As a result the volume may need to be turned up.

For those of you hoping to see a kill shot on video, unfortunately I wasn't able to count four points on the monster that presented himself. All in all, it was an enjoyable day and I still have a mulie tag that I can hopefully make use of during bow season.

hotload
11-17-2010, 12:51 AM
I wish you would forget your binos more often. Thanks for the day. Like your vid cam.

The Hermit
11-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Nice I enjoyed those ids! Thanks

Sleep Robber
11-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks, I enjoyed the vids, please take more in the future.

coach
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys. I was pretty fun recording my hunt and then editing the video and putting this together. That camera resides in my pack through most of the hunting season, but it's not often I actually take it out. I'm sure it's going to be used more in the future.

porcupine
11-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Fun to watch. Thanks.

kennyj
11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Great videos. Really enjoyed them.
kenny

Prowler
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
"What I dont understand is these guys that get all worked up about Sheep hunting. Seems pretty easy" Hahaha,:-D standing by the side of the Highway.... Thats a good one...

knockturnal
11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I know this spot very well. Youve probably seen me up there and vice versa. Saw a few decent bucks up there this year but couldnt connect. Good footage!

sarnold
11-17-2010, 08:23 PM
no binos.......lol
I've been waitin for you to post a pic of CR's wt that will get some guys talkin
awsome vid I'm going to try to record some next year.

coach
11-17-2010, 09:01 PM
"What I dont understand is these guys that get all worked up about Sheep hunting. Seems pretty easy" Hahaha,:-D standing by the side of the Highway.... Thats a good one...

My comment was definitely stated with my tongue firmly in my cheek!

Caveman
11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
15m from road edge or #'ered hwy and under the 400m projectile rule

coach
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I know this spot very well. Youve probably seen me up there and vice versa. Saw a few decent bucks up there this year but couldnt connect. Good footage!

Not a bad place to go when pressed for time. The view from those ridges in the back is pretty good. I think a guy could be successful there, although the only big buck I've seen there was during the late youth season a couple years ago.

I thought about whether I should post the video or not, but decided to do it with the idea that guys who have only hunted that spot from the vehicle would get an idea of what they've been missing.

coach
11-17-2010, 09:06 PM
no binos.......lol
I've been waitin for you to post a pic of CR's wt that will get some guys talkin
awsome vid I'm going to try to record some next year.

I did the story of the young CR's buck and the small 4 point mulie I got. I have great video of the older CR's whitetail, but no permission to post it. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture either. It was an impressive buck.

11-17-2010, 10:01 PM
loved the sheep hunting coment.