PDA

View Full Version : How many members took a whitetail doe this year?

whitetail2009
11-16-2010, 09:13 PM
How many whitetail doe were harvested?

dougan
11-16-2010, 09:14 PM
My 11 year old took one in reg 4 . yuuuuuummie!!!!

Kirby
11-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I tipped one over in 8.

mark
11-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I dont know anyone that did????
I hunted nearly everyday, seen whitey does pretty well everyday of october and didnt see a single one get shot or hauled out!
My buddy also owns a butcher shop, he didnt get a single one in in the first week, he did get some, but not many!

Certainly no "slaughter" around here, thats for sure!

Gunner
11-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't think it was a "slaughter", as some predicted. Gunner

springpin
11-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Yup...Had a roast on monday night. Soo tender.

Steeleco
11-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Never even saw one. Saw tons earlier in the season!

Caveman
11-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Never tried , so "No", but didn't hear of many either

pnbrock
11-16-2010, 10:02 PM
i dont shoot anything without convenient carrying handles.

dunbartr
11-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I am willing to bet that less than or equal to the number harvested will be/is similar to the previous LEH draws. I didn't hear a tonne more shooting that normal out cherryville way, although my brother said he heard lots on Oct 10th (1st day). I like reg myself and don't think it will do any harm, as it leaves a convenient option. Road hunting for WT's is never easy!!!! I bought two WT tags for the hell of it (can always bow hunt later on to the 20th now :) and I passed on several does early on in Oct. Then went out on the 31st to try to fill one being the freezer is quite empty, but ended up with a 3x3 mulie instead!

beni
11-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Family member took one that hung 152lbs on the hook, no head etc.

Sure is tasty!!!

dunbartr
11-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Family member took one that hung 152lbs on the hook, no head etc.

Sure is tasty!!!

A 152lb WT doe????? Does anyone else think that would be a world Record!?!?! That is the average weight of a healthy Mulie buck!

beni
11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
It was a massive doe, very very healthy. Had 20lbs on my cousins 3x3 this year. The weight was given to us by a butcher in Barriere.

Unfortunately no pictures or anything.. I didn't have my camera that weekend. =(

204rug.ftw
11-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Havent yet, but planning to shoot a whitetail this weekend :) whether its a doe or buck, ill be happy to put something in the freezer

Johnnybear
11-17-2010, 12:09 AM
A 152lb WT doe????? Does anyone else think that would be a world Record!?!?! That is the average weight of a healthy Mulie buck!

Are you serious?

Mtn Wonderer
11-17-2010, 01:53 AM
My twelve year old son tagged me out on a WT Doe last weekend in Region 8.

This year I spent the year guiding for my boys 10 and 12.

In september my 10 year shot his first muley back, in November my 12 year old shot a Blacktail buck and lastly the Whitetail Doe so the freezer is full.

And the boys are happy. I had fun this year helping them connect.

MTW

Stone Sheep Steve
11-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Made it out for the opening day with my daughter. Never saw a thing...so didn't shoot one.
Personally, I don't think they're a "gift" and you still need to hunt them as you would a buck...and in October that ain't so easy.

SSS

RBooth
11-17-2010, 05:35 AM
If I take one, it would be in the middle of december with an arrow so we'll see. No interest in shooting one with a rifle or if I end up with a white tail buck before the end of bow season :).

RBooth
11-17-2010, 05:37 AM

They probably didn't notice their child hanging from the doe's hooves while they weight it!

longwalk
11-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Took one in region 8. Did not know of many that came out of the area. Saw more hunters this year than I normally do and most were having a tough time finding anything.

Blainer
11-17-2010, 07:14 AM
A 152lb WT doe????? Does anyone else think that would be a world Record!?!?! That is the average weight of a healthy Mulie buck!I have to assume you have never hunted the Peace,Alberta or Sask.?
but personally I have no interest in shooting a doe,but do not pass judgement on others that do,and hope lot's of new and younger hunters can take advantage of the doe season.

TIKA 300
11-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Need to be in whitey country to take one,so its a NO !!! :cry:

takla1
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
my buddy and i took 2 nice wt does in rock creek.It wasnt a gimme for sure,both those deer were deep in the bush and had to be hauled out a fair distance.WEnt back in the next day and i called in two more within 15 minites wishing i wasnt taged out!There was another camp of guys there that had success as well ,2 wt does among three hunters,all taken in the bush,but other than that an endly stream of road hunters every morning ,all day and evening,and all of them bitching,wheres the wt does???

xtremearchery
11-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Our group got 4 nice dry w/t does in 7.

11-17-2010, 10:03 AM
I think that anyone who shoots a doe is a sissy-b!tch

Just kidding! I took one lasy year under LEH and will probably take one with my bow in December.

weekendwally
11-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I had two chances at nice big WT does this year, I just couldn't do it. I kept looking for that monster but he didn't show up this year. I am lucky enough not to need the meat, I only want to shoot something I am proud of.

shantz
11-17-2010, 10:06 AM
I had a few chances but the freezer was too full.

11-17-2010, 10:09 AM
My group shot 3 in reigon 4 at the tail end of our trip.
Sorry dont like it but i did it for the meat.

This year has been tough for me. And a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

dabat
11-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I was the only one in our group, region 8

fozzy
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Nope.. My wife only had one day to hunt Whitetails, had a few oportunities but wanted to hold out for a buck..

CanuckShooter
11-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Took a WT doe in 7A....good eats!!

Mikey Rafiki
11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Well since I couldn't connect with a muley, I am gonna seriously think about taking one out with a bow come December. Gotta have some sweet sweet doe meat to mix with the greazy whitey buck I hope to bag. Then it's sausage time!

Trapper
11-17-2010, 04:56 PM
I dream of huge bucks i don't dream about does...so no i never shot one

Nooker77
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Deer around my neck of the woods just hang in the thick stuff till its almost to dark to shoot....smart little buggers they are!! lol

d6dan
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes, I'm guilty:roll:, I shot a doe in 8-15, so I did my part in conservation in the shotgun zone,but i don't think that it put a damper on the population:?.

Ronforca
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Shot one in area 8.Prefer the Whitetail meat to the Mulie.

DEVILKID
11-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I dream of huge bucks i don't dream about does...so no i never shot one

why?? i dont get it>> you like the rack?? just asking?

boothcreek
11-17-2010, 05:35 PM
My first year hunting and haven't seen anything with antlers or horns of any kind yet. Got no one to go with either to even give me pointers where to go. Went for a walk on the back of our property(bordering crownland) and as luck would have it I did spot a nice big wt doe just 50 yrds from me and couldn't say no. Dressed out at 90lbs. Was fun to drag out of the bush by myself tho....... The Jerky I got out of her is already all gone! Tasty!!!

Blainer
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
why?? i dont get it>> you like the rack?? just asking?when you see ,20,30,40,50+ does on an average hunt in search of that elusive trophy buck that hangs on a friends wall......
starting to get it?it's all about the hunt,not the kill.:wink:

Ronforca
11-17-2010, 06:45 PM
I agree that it is all about the hunt but for me it is also about the meat.I prefer wild meat over the stuff that they sell in the super market.Been very lucky and have eaten mostly wild meat since 1968.I

rocksteady
11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Did so...It's on my Youtube video...Very graphic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byAXMNOwNaw

Being in Region 4 (East) where you can take 2 deer, 1 mulie/1 whitey or 2 whiteys 1doe/1buck, I would rather eat a whitey doe than a muley buck so.......

2 pointer during the early part of the season followed by a doe once it opened...

Still don't miss the taste of rutting muley:-D

DEVILKID
11-18-2010, 06:03 AM
when you see ,20,30,40,50+ does on an average hunt in search of that elusive trophy buck that hangs on a friends wall......
starting to get it?it's all about the hunt,not the kill.:wink:

i get it..but cant BBQ the trophy on the wall!! i like the steaks,chops, breakfast sausage ....thats all! and this was a post for " who took a WT doe!!

Blainer
11-18-2010, 07:31 AM
i get it..but cant BBQ the trophy on the wall!! i like the steaks,chops, breakfast sausage ....thats all! and this was a post for " who took a WT doe!!all the trophies on my wall have indeed seen the BBQ.
I recognize this is a post about "who took a WT doe",but lets remember it was you that questioned a fella for his response for no,as he only dreams of big bucks and again my response was no,pg.3.
Everybody has there own reasons for hunting.

DEVILKID
11-18-2010, 08:10 AM
all the trophies on my wall have indeed seen the BBQ.
I recognize this is a post about "who took a WT doe",but lets remember it was you that questioned a fella for his response for no,as he only dreams of big bucks and again my response was no,pg.3.
Everybody has there own reasons for hunting.

amen brother!!! sorry it sounded abit "champ" to me! but oh well...:-?

sawmill
11-18-2010, 10:05 AM
I agree that it is all about the hunt but for me it is also about the meat.I prefer wild meat over the stuff that they sell in the super market.Been very lucky and have eaten mostly wild meat since 1968.I

X2,all about the meat for us as well,tok a fat young doe here and the wife and I each took young cow elk.Best eats in the world.Horns are nice but I have lots of horns,rather have tender meat,gonna be a long winter.

Ubertuber
11-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I dream of meat in my freezer, I don't dream about racks...so yeah, I shot one.
Tasty treats, that's what I like.

kishman
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I was drawn for Mulie Doe in 3-19, I chose to get my critter up there....
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/kishman_2006/PB080035.jpg

Buckmeister
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
I had an LEH whitetail doe tag last year and for the life of me I couldn't even find one!!! Usually I'm tripping over them.

This year I have concentrated on Mule deer and have only put in one day on whiteys. I saw a doe right away, and for about 2 seconds I considered taking her, but then I thought "I only have one whitetail tag right now, if I tag out on her, then a buck will walk around the next corner and I will feel stupid".

So I let her walk. I'm going for the big boy this weekend. :mrgreen:

Fisher-Dude
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM
X2,all about the meat for us as well,tok a fat young doe here and the wife and I each took young cow elk.Best eats in the world.Horns are nice but I have lots of horns,rather have tender meat,gonna be a long winter.

Yer speakin' my language my friend. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

I saw a big dry WT doe the first 5 minutes of the season, and cleanly missed her (shoulda coulda woulda story). :redface: I figured no problem, I'll get other chances. Nope, saw a few that bolted, and a few with little fawns that I let walk.

On the 31st, I was just getting back to the road after a hike, and there's 2 mulie does. I see a smaller deer with them coming out of the bramblies onto the old road, and figure it's maybe a yearling. Imagine my surprise when a WT doe :shock: joins her cousins, and they all bail into the thick crap.

So, no doe for me.

lovemywinchester
11-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I bagged this gorgeous wt doe at tunkwa lake resort. Not at the resort but I was staying there. The first day there I was walking out near dark after sitting for a couple of hours in a spot where a guy told me he saw a big buck. After giving up on the buck I stopped at a meadow and scanned the far tree line with my binos and saw nothing. I took a few steps and three big does took off with flags flying about 60m from me. It happened so quick I never got a shot off. If I had glassed another 5 degrees left I would have looked right at them. I was choked and relived it over and over. Saw them in my dreams.(still do) Kept at it for another 4 days and hiked and road hunted like crazy but saw nothing. Already had my muley so it was WT or nothing. One day went hiking in the afternoon and crested a ridge and two does were feeding below me around 140m away. I was hidden in the fallen beetle kill and put the 270 on a log and lined up the closest one and squeezed the trigger. Flipped her on her back and was the happiest guy in BC that day. Hiked back and my buddy helped drag her out. First time trying to post a pic with photobucket so hope it works.
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/whiteydoe11.jpg

3kills
11-20-2010, 08:58 PM
i seen quite a few just couldnt capalize on them. for the most part i seen flags leavin

matt420
11-20-2010, 11:58 PM
i expired one in region 8 YUMMMMMMMMIE

hunter1947
11-21-2010, 02:36 AM
I took a WT doe and paid the price of not shooting a good WT buck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif next year it will be one mule buck and one WT buck.

My understanding was that I thought I was allowed 3 deer in region 4 ,dead wrong I won't shoot a WT doe next year.

Being on the island all my life it was two deer there and I saved one tag for ether a WT deer or a mule deer on the main land.

I guess age is catching up to me and I don't think strait sometimes I was caught with my pants down http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif..

RoscoeP
11-21-2010, 11:42 AM
My son and I passed on one our first day out near Tunkwa Lake. Same trip my buddy passed with 3 does twenty feet away oblivious to him. Cheers