PDA

View Full Version : hunting with your spouse?

darrin6109
11-16-2010, 09:00 AM
what are your thoughts?

SUAFOYT
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM
what are your thoughts?

Dude it's a no brainer if she looks like your avatar. I've been taking Bart with me for years and though we have our disagreements I have to say she's the best partner I've ever had.

tuffteddyb
11-16-2010, 11:05 AM
definatley!without a doubt! my misses is who got me back into hunting and fishing after a long time away from it.how much bettercan it get than rolling over in the morning and getting asked "are we going out today?"(most of the time told we ARE GOING OUT TODAY!LOL!!

Rock Doctor
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Any Time at all

Mtn Wonderer
11-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I been Hunting with my Spouse since I have met her 17 years now, some years she didn't come out much due to young kids, but know the kids are older and hunting and fishing have been quiet the family bonding times.

If your Spouse is willing and you and you don't push her too hard It will be one of the better things you can do together.

My wife was instrumental in me getting and retreiving my only my only mountain sheep to date!!!! What a great day in our memories!!!

MTW:-D

Prowler
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
I use to love getting out with the wife, but then kids and life got in the way.. Hopefully again some day....

city hunter
11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
That would be awesome sharing the good memory with your honey !!!

BCHunterFSJ
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Thirty six years now, including trips to South Africa and New Zealand. Spain next year for ibex and mouflon! She organizes all our exotic hunts and the travelling involved. A bonus for me... She is a gourmet cook even in hunting camp! Another bonus for me... She butchers all our meat! Yeah, another bonus!
Took her out whitetail hunting yesterday. She missed a nice 4X4 buck...

Iron Glove
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I've been trying to get my wife to take the CORE for a few years now. She really enjoys going out scouting with the dogs and I but awhile back she witnessed a neighbour's Lab rag dolling a small fawn to death and is having a tough time dealing with the idea of killing something now.
I think she'll get over it and hopefully we'll be out next year, two 60 year old sweet hearts in the bush.
Like they say "the family that kills together, stays together". :mrgreen:

SHAKER
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
For sure! Makes for more outings in the bush without getting the hairy eyeball for being out hunting all the time!:mrgreen: Also good for hopefully put'n some more meat in the freezer. Just be carefull if your ol'lady gets into trap shoot'n...... it might end up cost'n you a bunch, especialy if she gets to use some of the other guys Berreta's or other high ends.

BimmerBob
11-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Well... I have to say if your wifey looks at all like your avatar wtf would you want to go hunting for? You have already bagged the best deer you are ever going to get... time to stay at home and enjoy the fruits of the hunt!

canadianyoda
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
My wife took up hunting when the kids were little and grandma could babysit. Since then she has harvested a moose and three 4 pt mule deer bucks. Every animal has been a 1 shot kill. I have to remember that she hunts mainly to spend time together and that she is not as hardcore as i am. However, her last buck she stalked to 15 yards b4 taking him. :-D BTW, first post for me on the site.

haligan
12-23-2010, 01:24 PM
My wife is signed up for the core and PAL in Jan. I spend so much of my free time outdoors, i think she gets a little lonely. I hope she enjoys it half as much as i do

12-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I do 3, nine day trips a year.

Trip 1 flyfishing somewhere with my wife
Trip 2 bird hunting somewhere with my wife
Trip 3 Me'n the boys hunting something somewhere

My wife is an avid fly fisher. Casts her Z-Axis better then anyone i fish with. She has her CORE and loves to bird hunt. She has not had enough experiance with rifles and doesnt really wish to.

Some of the best times in the bush is spent with your family. Take'em out and show them why you like it out there.

dabat
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Before the kids came along, she was my primary hunting partner. Unfortunately now, the kids don't allow her to go as much. This year she only got out for one trip. It's great having her around hunting camp. The only downside is that it means more road hunting than walking as she isn't into walking more than a few km at a time. Having said that, I can't wait for her to start going more again.

leadpillproductions
12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I really enjoy takin the wife out hunting she get so excited when she shoots an animal. Makes me proud when she goes out by her self and shoots an animal except when its bigger that my deer ***** lol

BiG Boar
12-23-2010, 03:02 PM
If I didnt hunt with the wife she would never see me! Having a wife who comes hunting is the best thing ever. Like all the good wives out there, mine really takes care of me and makes sure I am happy. They do the meals, pass you a beer when you're skinning an animal, get your clothes ready to head out for the day, making sure you match, and still to this day I get warm towels handed to me when I step out of the shower. She is as spectacular as the day I met her. Shes so good I wish I had two of her around!

GoatGuy
12-23-2010, 03:14 PM
We'd starve to death if she didn't hunt.

Ronforca
12-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Have been hunting with my wife for many years.She is an excellent shot and very careful in the bush.She goes one way and I go another.When she shoots a Deer she guts it herself and then I have to do my part by dragging it out for her.She is also a lot better camp cook than I am.All and all it makes for a happy hunting camp.

kennyj
12-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Nope. She likes the meat but doesn't hunt.
kenny

griz325
12-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Hands down foresure as I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jetboater
12-23-2010, 07:14 PM
MY wife loves to hunt for herself... not because I want to go....but because whe wants to kill stuff... pretty nice cuddling up in camp to something warm other than the fire.....just takes a little more patience....

Barracuda
12-23-2010, 07:39 PM
yup yup and yup

pnbrock
12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
mine dont like the meat but sure loves the bone.hard to do any hunting with her allways wanting sex.

Mountaintop
12-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I would love to have my wife come with me but she has a bad leg and it is hard for her to walk for long. However, she is incredibly good with a knife and can bone out and freezer pack a deer in no time.

fozzy
12-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Most definetely!!! I only wish my wife could get as much time off as I do.

killman
12-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Nope, wants nothing to do with it.

Tuffcity
12-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Hunting with your spouse?

Absolutely! even when she shoots bigger deer than me... :)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Tuffcity/515a3b63.jpg

RC

sceddy
12-23-2010, 10:39 PM
She use to like it, but after spending a night behind a locked gate and having a vehicle brake down, she's less inclined to come on trips, but shestill likes the meat.

HIGHRPM
12-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Never! She loves the rewards of all the effort and hard work, but is way to much of a CITY girl to understand the enjoyment of the hunt, which is a real shame. I see the pics of the girlfriends and or wives and I feel I really missed out on something special. If I get another crack at this life thing, maybe I luck out the next time !!!!

hunter1947
12-24-2010, 03:38 AM
I think it would be real http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif to have the one you love being able to hunt with you ,next lady I find will be a hunter or I won't have one to share my life with :wink:..

huntcoop
12-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Nope, wants nothing to do with it.

Mine is the same way PLUS it's my holiday away from everything and that may or may not include the wife and or kids, just being honest unlike some :mrgreen: .

stitch
12-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Mine is the same way PLUS it's my holiday away from everything and that may or may not include the wife and or kids, just being honest unlike some :mrgreen: .
x's 3 ...doesn't want to see the animals and won't eat it either.Thats just fine by mebecause it's my time with myself or the boys and some thing are just better that way. Like I tell her every year....you knew I hunted when we got together and that will never change:?

Allen50
12-24-2010, 11:42 AM
no wife to hunt with, anyone got one to share withme,,,lol lol well just asking,,,,oh year marry christmas,, to all....

hunterlaura
12-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I have a hard time getting my man out with me! Got him hooked on ocean fishing, hopefully hunting isn't too far behind.

12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a hard time getting my man out with me! Got him hooked on ocean fishing, hopefully hunting isn't too far behind.

That is so backwards!!!!
This is what i said about my wife for a couple years!!!

Good luck Laura, have fun teaching your Man :mrgreen:

hunterlaura
12-24-2010, 12:03 PM
That is so backwards!!!!
This is what i said about my wife for a couple years!!!

Good luck Laura, have fun teaching your Man :mrgreen:

Haha, in my family, it's not backwards at all :) all the girls hunt! Should be interesting, to say the least! He is getting pretty good at skeet shooting! Not as good as me though ;)

canadianyoda
01-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Once upon a time i left my wife on a game trail while i sat on another. Nice black bear walked by her at 5 yds. She is just getting over that one. :-D

01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
My wife is the one who got me into hunting first. She loves to go out and scout and look for game. If she manages to shoot something, great! She outshot me last season by one animal.

Its great because after roughly 3 years of childcare with 2 little ones, she is able to get back out and enjoy it.

.330 Dakota
01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
what are your thoughts?

I would like to hunt with your avatar spouse, as always she's HOT

Spampy
01-22-2011, 04:01 PM
My wife got her first two deer this season. Now Christmas shopping is easy. Best of all, she had to learn to be quiet when we are hunting. Silence is golden. She sits in waiting, has a few sleeps, and wakes up ocasionally to harvest a deer. Best fun was hearing on the radio, in a quiet but eerie voice, "I Can See You", and sneeking up on each other. I am pretty sure she was using the binoculars. haha

stoneguide
01-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Best hunting partner I have!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_02701.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_02501.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF1019.JPG

Even when she tags out on something like this and takes the whitetail title from me!
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF40101.JPG

SG

tim3500
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
I would never take here hunting again went totally sidways on that trip ! long story but give her a fishing rod stand back and watch here do here thing thats our gig together

BigBear.338
01-22-2011, 06:20 PM
hell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o.

tomahawk
01-22-2011, 06:27 PM
what are your thoughts?

Nope, I don't believe in bringing a ham sandwich to a smorgasborg either. Seriously though we both enjoy the time apart as we do a lot of other things together. Hunting is a time for being with my son, brother and good buddy.

chinook
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Camp needs a cook doesn't it? Kidding...why not bring the wife if she is genuinely interested? Bring the kids too, its good clean family fun.

Ride Red
01-22-2011, 09:13 PM
I hunt with my wife and two boys. Couldn't think of a better way to spend my time. We always have fun and those are the best memories.

Kootenai
01-24-2011, 05:36 PM
I take my husband whenever he will go. Besides, he is good for the packing out the game.

fearnodeer
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Just do it

Shooter
01-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Sure do.... My boys also.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/tnlpinkney/P1030437-2.jpg