PDA

View Full Version : hunting with your spouse?

darrin6109
11-16-2010, 08:59 AM
good thing?....why?
bad thing?.........why?
dont really care?

natebavis
11-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Good thing ..If you like her
Bad thing..if you dont

All kidding aside, I take mine with me on the small trips..1 day and couple day trips, usually stay in cabins so theres the getaway aspect not just hunting . She has core and pal so she is an asset especially during leh time. She has been skunked her first couple of times out so she now has blood lust and wants something bad..Killed first grouse yesterday. Something about hot chicks in camo with dead things in there hands.

TheProvider
11-16-2010, 09:11 AM
I like it, actually bring out her 2yr old daughter with us. Of course I can't bring them for long hikes up in the woods so on days they come its road hunts, I'm not worried about seeing a monster with them while road hunting. Its more just to get them out and enjoy themselves. An hopefully she takes the gun safety course this summer

sawmill
11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Wifey has her core and pal and licence,she just don`t seem to get out with me too much.This weekend hopefully.

303Brit
11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
It can be awesome, but at times it makes you want to pull your hair out:twisted:
I really enjoy taking my wife out and showing her my fav past times.

shadow1982
11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Its best thing ever, In my house hold, my wife is always complaining about how i dont spend enough time with her, and how i dont take her anywhere... its like killing two birds with one stone, works like a charm. Oh and all your meals are cooked. I say take her with you

cavebear
11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Can be very rewarding, and enjoyable. The catch is you still need to balance your own time for both of you. I have been hunting with my wife for over a year now and its really rewarding when she is all set up and makes a great shot, Or even when she cant see a deer right in front of her :-D it makes for a good chuckle.

KB90
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I take my girlfriend out with me as much as I can. And I agree with 303Brit it can be great and miserable. It was pretty cool to take her out this year and watch her get her first grouse. On the other hand, she often wants to call it quits before me, she doesn't like the rain, and hates long hikes.

I'm hoping to get her some more of her own and better gear, so that it will be more comfortable for her while were out as I think that plays a big part.

Also now instead of begging her to come I ask her once or wait for her to ask me. I found that most times when I have to ask her to come, it won't be as fun, as she really doesn't want to be there.

I do hope we can find her a 4 point, I would much rather have her get a deer than me, so that way hopefully it will get her hooked :D

dabat
11-16-2010, 09:31 AM
I like it, it gives me a different partner when none of the regular guys can make it and I spend "quality alone time" with her. It also gives us more tags for the freezer as well as better odds for leh. Only downside is that I am pretty much stuck to road hunting when she is along.

25tikka
11-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I take my wife and family (13 and 15 yr old boys) hunting at least one week a year. Great times. Took my wife out for a day trip last weekend and she got her first Muley. Lots of day trips for scouting as well.

Doe
11-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Lots of women complain about how little time they get to spend with their men...we have crazy hectic lives with work and kids etc.....why wouldn't you want to go? Even if you don't want to persue or harvest anything, we live in the most amazing place on earth, get out and enjoy it!

Also, getting her proper gear to be prepared for the hiking makes all the difference in the world!!! I THINK the only time my man gets annoyed is when I am too noisy:D

Practicing shutting-the-hell-up is good hunting skills...:mrgreen:

Walksalot
11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
The other morning I looked up to see snow just above the valley bottom. I went and told my wife, who was still sleeping, to get dressed we are going hunting. She told me to &%$@ off.

303Brit
11-16-2010, 10:06 AM
The other morning I looked up to see snow just above the valley bottom. I went and told my wife, who was still sleeping, to get dressed we are going hunting. She told me to &%$@ off.

LMAO, heard that before. The you get shat on for not taking her out with you ;)

dukester
11-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Nop,, my time, my passion,my church, my serenity, . I do ask my kids if they want to go, 50% of the time they will. she understands this is my passion, and totaly lets me be. As i also understand her passions and never, never question them.:-D Or my new name will be "Nonuts"lol

curt
11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I love taking the wife when it's just us great ime together when you have 5 kids the down time is heaven on earth some days!!!! Big trips with the boys she would never go and I dont blame her.

fozzy
11-16-2010, 10:22 AM
My wife hunts with me and it's great. She started going on her own this year and has taken well to hunting the timber on her own. In the off season she partners with me in LR shooting competition.
I took a couple months off work for hunting and she joined me for three weeks.

troutseeker
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Just remember to never take the wife and girlfriend out at the same time! They might just decide to hunt you...

Blainer
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
...why?
.........why?
why?
:confused:

wicket
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
id love to hunt my spouse, id even give her a 30 second head start........................................oh crap i miss read the title of the thread, hunting with your spouse...no way, we cant even agree on a tv show to watch:-?

Shooter
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
good thing?....why?
bad thing?.........why?
dont really care?

No you can not hunt with my spouse. Although I enjoy taking her out. I do like to have some of own quiet time out tho. But the way I see it my wife will never be able to or willing to be out as much as me. So I will have my time out alone. My youngest boy is out with me every chance he gets and I love having him there. Like I said I do enjoy my own time but kids are only kids once. I am sure there will be a time when I am begging him to hunt with the old man and show me some new fancy tricks he's picked up. Until then I enjoy the company I get.

Hydrojet
11-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Just somethings you can do with your spouse that you can't with your buddies!...a little rutting in the blind or am I just lucky! ;)

blackwater moose
11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
my ex asked me once why i never asked her to go fishing,so like a dummy ,i ask her to go fishing. she said "no, i don't want to go". i said " why did you ask if you don't want to go. she said" i just wanted you to ask me!".

orangestepside
11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
this thread just reminds me of when i was up region 8 in october, there was 2 guys full camo on their quads and one person who turned out to be the guys wife in complete blaze orange head to toe. my dad and i drove by them on the quads and just laughed. im thinkin that she just got her life insurance renewed and didnt want her husband to "take advantage"

digger dogger
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
My girl won't actually hunt, but she will grab a book and come cat hunting with me.(truck security) lol
I shot a deer and needed a hand moving it out of a bad spot and that was it for her. she has her hunter #, I think she has bought 1 licence and never killed a thing, and doesn't put in for LEH.
I wouldn't mind her comming out on atleast one good deer hunt a year, but it's not for her..
The kids are a blast to hunt with, but it has it's draw backs. This year my little guy 11yrs missed 2 bucks(has not yet killed a deer), that my 14 yr old could have killed.(buck fever) I could hear his heart beat from 2' away.

Shooter Jr.
11-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Lots of women complain about how little time they get to spend with their men...we have crazy hectic lives with work and kids etc.....why wouldn't you want to go? Even if you don't want to persue or harvest anything, we live in the most amazing place on earth, get out and enjoy it!

Also, getting her proper gear to be prepared for the hiking makes all the difference in the world!!! I THINK the only time my man gets annoyed is when I am too noisy:D

Practicing shutting-the-hell-up is good hunting skills...:mrgreen:

Ohh yeah, Posting while at work hey?

moose2
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I enjoy the time I get to hunt with my wife. I am normaly hard core when it comes to hunting , but when we are together I enjoy hunting her style. Morning drives with short walks in the timber we quite often head back to town for a resturant lunch or just go for half days. She really enjoys these laid back trips and has had success on moose, elk, and muleys. I get plenty of time in the mountains on my own or with other hunting buddies. So to me this seems like a good balence we both enjoy

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/My_Wife_s_mule_buck.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=17697&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=13763)

MIKE

warnniklz
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
next time I'm out hunting I'll make sure if I come across a good looking girl out hunting that her husband/bf (or speed bump as I call them... ah ha jk) might be on the other ridge watching through his binos or spotting scope

Doe
11-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Ohh yeah, Posting while at work hey?
Hmmmm replying while at school?? Im the boss down here lil britches. Hit the books.:evil:

GoatGuy
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
If my 'spouse' didn't hunt we'd starve to death.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
If my 'spouse' didn't hunt we'd starve to death.

You use that term loosely. When's she gonna make an honest man out of ya??:)

I guess I should have found a spouse that hunted. We ARE pretty much starving over here:?.

Guess it'll be up to my daughter to fill the freezer in a couple of yrs.

SSS

bowhunterbruce
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM
i have a great time hunting with my better half,she gets into every aspect of it including 1 major trip, a few weekenders and numorous day trips.4 eyes are twice as good as 2 when spoting critters and she can outshoot alot of men i know.not to mention does not hesitate getting in there to do the gutting,cleaning,skinning and butchering.
add in the fact all the camp food is prepared before every trip means not to many wienners and bean meals lol.nothing like a good old homemade lasagna after along day out in the bush, when ya get back to the trailer.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
bruce

dougan
11-16-2010, 09:10 PM
gives you something to do when thing's are slow.

mark
11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Been hunting with my, now wife, since I met her, she's downed 2 elk, and a buck every year for 5 years now!
She's also been along when Ive downed lots of game.
Builds great lasting memories, and pictures, together!

.330 Dakota
11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
good thing?....why?
bad thing?.........why?
dont really care?
If your Avatar Pic is your wife then HELL YA I see why you would take her hunting, backroads etc

J_T
11-17-2010, 06:51 AM
My first wife hunted alongside me. She didn't pack a gun, but she enjoyed every moment out there. My second wife enjoyed going out, but raising a family made it more difficult. My current wife doesn't hunt, but she loves the wall tent, so I leave her in camp for midday carnal pleasure. She digs it.

Camp Cook
11-17-2010, 07:20 AM
My wife won't even go for a drive or camping with me if there is a chance I might shoot something so no I do not hunt with my wife...

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a good thing or not... :mrgreen:

ElectricDyck
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I do one few day trip a year with the wife and leave the kids with the grandparents. It's good alone time for us. Good warm clothes and decent boots is a must for keeping them comfortable, oh and lots of wine.:wink:

Camp Cook
11-17-2010, 08:24 AM
If I did that it would just be lots of whine so she can stay at home and I'll take my little guy...

roping_tom
11-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Good laughs. My girl shot her first deer this year 4x3 and has done really well. She was pissed when i shot a bigger deer. The only thing that has gone really badly was taking her goat hunting, something about trying to walk across schale slides with a pack on and a long way to the bottom almost had her crying. In all fair ness it was ugly put not that bad.

Island Idiots
11-18-2010, 02:43 PM
My wife is my hunting partner. She is always on time, and has shot deer and moose. She always does more than her share in camp, never complains and loves being by my side.
And when it comes down to spending money on huntin stuff, she is onside, which makes that issue non existant. She shoots them, guts them, hauls them, skins them, butchers them, and cooks them. Yeah, she is my hunting partner. At the end of the day, all the meat goes in our freezer. :-D

Camp Cook
11-18-2010, 02:55 PM
You sir are a very lucky man...

Barracuda
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
my wife is my hunting/fishing partner, she loves working with the dogs isnt grossed out by anything and is in good shape so she can pull her own weight .

On the down side planning around her schedule can be difficult at times .

It is what it is and i would rather postpone hunting plans or go it alone rather then head out with someone that does not have our same basic philosophy towards hunting

Doe
11-18-2010, 03:54 PM
and the upside/downside is you probably wont divorce. Because, she will take half of your half of the good gear and guns:D

fishhardon
11-18-2010, 04:03 PM
my wife loves it> hunting and fishing

the best thing about it are the bjs in the blind

the leg massages in the tent and she does all the dishes

very lucky to have a wife that enjoys the outdoors as much as i do

hunterlaura
11-18-2010, 04:58 PM
hell, I have a hard time getting my fiance to come with me. I am trying to get him into it, slowly but surely I think?! Got him into fresh and saltwater fishing as well, which he enjoys far more than hunting! I had to call him to bring the tractor when I shot my deer!

ufishifish2
11-18-2010, 06:13 PM
My wife is my favorite hunting partner. I drag her up and down mountains in pursuit of goats, deer, moose, etc.....
I have missed her this year while she was pregnant. Darned wuss wouldn't hunt when she was 8-9 months preggo. Hmpf!

Big Lew
11-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Although I always have reserved one or two weeks for hunting and fishing alone during the first weeks of september, I also put aside one or two weeks for hunting and exploring with my wife. We both look forward to it, and she has taken her share of grouse and deer. She's not squeamish and is always up to her elbows with the gutting and skinning etc. We took our children since babies as well, until they in grade 3 and 4, and would have missed too much schooling. The last few years I have included her even during part of my first weeks of bowhunting. It has meant quite a bit of compromising, but I enjoy her company very much. ( She stays in camp when I go for the long, or very steep hikes)

ratherbefishin
11-19-2010, 07:26 AM
hunting with your spouse?-best ''cordless electric blanket'' there is....