PDA

View Full Version : Aarrrrgghhh

sawmill
11-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Headed out to a nice spot to find a whitie buck this morning but halfway there it started snowing so hard I could not see 40 feet so I turned back to hunt nearer the house.Guess what I saw,broadside,30 yards away?The day after 180 mulie buck.At first I saw a whitie doe and this guy was all over her so I put the crosshairs on him thinking HUGE whitie buck,he had a perfect 5 point Whitie side,could`nt make the other side out well,trees in the way.Saftey off.........wait a sec,this don`t look quite right............turned a bit and Mule deer ass,no mistaking that.It was first light which made it hard to be sure at first.Son of a Bi....
Oh well,got the heart pumping.I`m going to take the day off hunting,way hard slimy wet snow coming down ,hate getting sidewaysed in the bush.

TPB
11-16-2010, 08:24 AM
You sure you weren't on fertilizer road? :D

Everett
11-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Whitey racked mule deer seem to be common this year saw another one spitting image of the wifes mule just the other day only a klick from were she dropped hers.
Should be good hunting tommorow AM
The snow started last night 5 min. after shooting light I am sure the big guys all came down this morning with the season closed.

Prowler
11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Ouch!! The mule deer season just closed there yesterday? Oh man, that has to hurt, but good on you for figurin it out in time. That would have been horible to walk up to your downed buck, all pumped up, and then go Oh oh...:(

sawmill
11-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh yeah,nothing takes the glow off like that.Takes that quick to turn a great season into a nightmare.Be a Lert,world can use more Lerts.

Caribou_lou
11-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Snowing so hard you couldn't see 30 feet? Thats my deffenition of a perfect day to track them down!! Cross a fresh track... follow it...find out where the sleep, where they eat. Try it next time. Might get a little wet but its worth it.

And for your mulie sittuation, push for the season to go to the end of november. No reason why it shouldn't. Good on ya for not getting buck fever.

Caribou_lou
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
And what are you doing home if it happened this morning. You should be out there all day!!!! Especially once it stops snowing, those deer will really start moving... Go track one down!

sawmill
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Snowing so hard you couldn't see 30 feet? Thats my deffenition of a perfect day to track them down!! Cross a fresh track... follow it...find out where the sleep, where they eat. Try it next time. Might get a little wet but its worth it.

And for your mulie sittuation, push for the season to go to the end of november. No reason why it shouldn't. Good on ya for not getting buck fever.
30 yards,snowing hard and first grey light and he was on a whitie doe.Quartering towards me with a big 5 point whitie horn showing.And why am I explaining myself to you:confused:

sawmill
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
And season is closed for mulies now.Why track down an illegal buck?I`ll be out tommorow when it gets cold enough for this snot like goose shit snow to tighten up some.5 inches of it in the lower hills,way more higher up,hate driving in it,hate getting over a bank worse.