PDA

View Full Version : Finding Sheds!!

Ferenc
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
And lots of them,what tactics should I use to even see one of these buggers!!!! same thing every year I find them but not the deer wearing them ,this weekend I covered the same area as before and found some (more nice ones) One of them is a mulie typical 4 pt that scores 97 inches taking a reserved spread of 20 inches this would be a 200 plus buck given the other side was the same,its a rough hour a bit hike into the area and not even near the top of the mountain...are these resident bucks or do they move in after the hunting season,just looking for a few tips I (still hunt) the area,maybe need lots snow or maybe they move into the area later...its in region 3 in the Fraser Canyon for those that want to know!!

todbartell
11-15-2010, 09:40 PM
good luck getting a shed hunter to tell you how to find sheds LOL

Alpine85
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
A 97" typical antler!!! man lets see some pictures of that thing!

Prowler
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Ive got a couple spots like that in reg 3. always find sheds in them, but see few deer. My guess is the deer winter there when things get harsh, thus, they are still there when they shed their headgear in late winter. Try hunting as late as you can in that area. Last week of the season has been good to me in my area...

hunterkid15
11-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Ive got a couple spots like that in reg 3. always find sheds in them, but see few deer. My guess is the deer winter there when things get harsh, thus, they are still there when they shed their headgear in late winter. Try hunting as late as you can in that area. Last week of the season has been good to me in my area...

Thats because i take them home :mrgreen:

ravensfoot
11-16-2010, 09:04 PM
good luck getting a shed hunter to tell you how to find sheds LOL

I think he is looking to find the "bugger" with the sheds still attached.

If you find sheds, that is the place that the deer ended up spending the later part of the winter. Chances are the "bugger" may have moved int the wintering area towards the end of the hunting season. All depends on how the weather is up in the hills where the "bugger" use to hang out.

When I find sheds in an area, if they're decent, I'll hunt the late season there.

mark
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM

When you say 97" antler....are you including 1/2 of the 20" spread....or is there 97" of bone????
A 97" typical shed is absolutely insane, would be a contender for the BC #1 typical! :shock:

dana
11-16-2010, 09:42 PM
We need to see a pic of this so-called 97 inch typical shed.

kennyj
11-17-2010, 08:35 AM
I agree. I'd love see a photo of that one. 97+97+20=BC record.
kenny