PDA

View Full Version : Question about hunting roads in the interior…

Rainsford
11-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey guys I have done some Vancouver Island and Gulf Island hunting so far in my first season but next year I would like to try some interior hunting. My question is how are a lot of the roads up there? Not in one specific area just in general. My good buddy that I would be going with drives a Cadillac truck and I don’t think it would have any problems towing atv’s but will the truck get all beat up on the roads? Or is there lots of camp sites where the roads are alright and you can just quad in form there?
Thanks in advance for the info!

Moosehunter64
11-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I find that generally the roads in the interior are in better shape than on the island and a lot more places to camp.Should have no problem driving the roads in the interior.

XPEIer
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
if your looking for camping try www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca (http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca) list of all the rec sites in BC

emerson
11-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey guys I have done some Vancouver Island and Gulf Island hunting so far in my first season but next year I would like to try some interior hunting. My question is how are a lot of the roads up there? Not in one specific area just in general. My good buddy that I would be going with drives a Cadillac truck and I don’t think it would have any problems towing atv’s but will the truck get all beat up on the roads? Or is there lots of camp sites where the roads are alright and you can just quad in form there?
Thanks in advance for the info!
Most roads are pretty good around here (PG). Lots of pot holes so you need to slow down; but the roads were designed to stand up to loaded logging trucks so they are usually pretty solid underneath the puddles. I have a crewcab chev with a leveling kit and 255/85R16 tires ( same height as 285/75R16) and ground clearance isn't usually a problem.

steelhead
11-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Just a word of caution... be prepared to be ridiculed at the campsites if you drive a cadillac in there. Prettty sure you wouldn't fit in with your penny loafers and gold plated rifles... lol!

Seriously though, the roads north of PG are pretty good, but if it rains you will be stuck up past your 22inch chrome spinners.