PDA

View Full Version : Rememberance day buck

jdmck
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Over the last 10 years I have managed to put 2 bucks on the wall both shot on remeberance day, this year my buddy and I were out again along with numerous others vehicles on every road. we went up where both other bucks had been shot we call the road thew goat trail as we crested the top I noticed a white object about 150yards up the hill I got out and galssed it was a large bodied deer with it,s head in the trees I tries to keep some fir trees between us when I next looked it was trotting uphill away from me stopped to look back but too akward for an offhand shot, a doe then went charging up the hill the buck went to, he then stopped and turned broadside giving me a leaning shot, he hunched and charged again up over the hill, we looked till almost dark and could find no sign most disappointed as the opportunities don,t present themselvs often, I was up the mountain early the next morning determined to sit and glass most of the moriung as deer were moving instead I heard crows calling, after getting to the top of the ridge and about 400yards in behind I found my 4 pointn he is the best buck I have shot to date the birds had only started on the entrance wound as there was no exit the bullet had taken out the top of the lungs and ran up to the neck it was a good haul thankfully down hill to the truck and managed to put out about 150 yards of rope when I got close to pull him the last way to the truck. It was still a chore to get him in the truck myself but got hime home and caped to the taxidermist by 3:00 pm Now to get my motherinlaws picture off the wall to make room for this one. I will try to figure out how to post a picture as I am not too bright that way

M@B
11-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Glad you found him! those crows can be handy at times! :)
looking forward to the pics.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

luckofthedraw
11-13-2010, 02:09 PM
good thing the crows found him, or you may have missed him.

jdmck
11-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Over the last 10 years I have managed to put 2 bucks on the wall both shot on remeberance day, this year my buddy and I were out again along with numerous others vehicles on every road. we went up where both other bucks had been shot we call the road thew goat trail as we crested the top I noticed a white object about 150yards up the hill I got out and galssed it was a large bodied deer with it,s head in the trees I tries to keep some fir trees between us when I next looked it was trotting uphill away from me stopped to look back but too akward for an offhand shot, a doe then went charging up the hill the buck went to, he then stopped and turned broadside giving me a leaning shot, he hunched and charged again up over the hill, we looked till almost dark and could find no sign most disappointed as the opportunities don,t present themselvs often, I was up the mountain early the next morning determined to sit and glass most of the moriung as deer were moving instead I heard crows calling, after getting to the top of the ridge and about 400yards in behind I found my 4 pointn he is the best buck I have shot to date the birds had only started on the entrance wound as there was no exit the bullet had taken out the top of the lungs and ran up to the neck it was a good haul thankfully down hill to the truck and managed to put out about 150 yards of rope when I got close to pull him the last way to the truck. It was still a chore to get him in the truck myself but got hime home and caped to the taxidermist by 3:00 pm Now to get my motherinlaws picture off the wall to make room for this one. I will try to figure out how to post a picture as I am not too bright that way I have managed to save them to my email if I can send them to someone who would post them for me

SHACK
11-13-2010, 02:42 PM
send em to sachaszymczak@hotmail.com

SHACK
11-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Heres one for ya, NICE buck by the way

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/sachaszymczak/100_0067.jpg

kennyj
11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice buck. Remembrance day has been good to you all right.
kenny

Rattler
11-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice buck, congrats....

rifleman
11-14-2010, 09:20 PM
thats a great buck on any day. congrats a a wall hanger!

adamgarbett
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Wow what a cranker congrats

coach
11-15-2010, 12:58 AM
That's a beauty! Congratulations.

troutseeker
11-15-2010, 01:16 AM
And to think I spent my time on parade...