PDA

View Full Version : HMMM moose -stake...

srupp
11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
So I loaded up the truck and dog and shotgun and went to meet some members from the site who drew a couple of moose LEHS in 5-02 D..

I explained where to find some moose, and where to camp-..I pulled in and there was the wall tent and other camping supplies but being mid -day out hunting ...so the dog and I went looking for moose in the likely spots ..and grouse...she is a bird dog..:wink:

I went to 9 kilometer and down towards the swamps..a cow and calf and a mediums sized 2 point bull moose...back to the camp..no one home yet so I went down to the "lake" and along the backside ran into a very impressive bull moose... on the way out a cow and another cow calf pair..not a surprise as I knew they were in there..as well as a couple of doe deer..no grouse..:cry:

went back to the camp @ 12 km and someone was home!!! However it was not the group from this site..:confused:..I went to Moorhead lake nada...so came home....sniff sniff never did get that cup of coffee I was promised..:wink:..and dont have a clue were the boyz got to.... but I did find the moose frustrating not to get the two groups together and introduced..:mrgreen:

some days.......

cheers
Steven

landphil
11-12-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm having to chuckle at this one, that's how it goes isn't it. It's funny how the animals seem to know.

srupp
11-12-2010, 09:00 AM
The boyz should do well..wearever they are????? However we could have had 2 moose on the ground by mid afternoon..

oh well.....

Steven

srupp
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Got a call from the boyz..they went to plan B..1009..:wink:..

4" of tracking snow should help...I did see them @ MOOREHEAD..I just didnt realize it...my bad....

Steven

just glad they are OK..:mrgreen: