PDA

View Full Version : Deer help.

killman
11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I usually don't ask for any help. This year I haven't spent much time out do to commitments with the kids and their Hockey. I finally am able to get out for two days of hunting. My usually hunting spot seems to be over run with wolves the last few days. Is anyone seeing any Deer??? Even a Doe? PLs pm me a few hints.:-D

lip_ripper00
11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Hint, hint theirs a couple for ya:-D. Good luck

sawmill
11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Hint, hint theirs a couple for ya:-D. Good luck

What an ass.
Wish I could help but you`d have to come down here:cry:I`v got a couple that go the same place every morning,taking a buddy out tommorow to get the bigger one(hopefully!)

killman
11-10-2010, 08:18 PM
What an ass.
Wish I could help but you`d have to come down here:cry:I`v got a couple that go the same place every morning,taking a buddy out tommorow to get the bigger one(hopefully!)

Thanks, :mrgreen:

sawmill
11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah,not much help I`m afraid.Have you tried down towards Quesnel /Red Rock area?Used to be pretty good.

lip_ripper00
11-10-2010, 08:29 PM
What an ass.

I'm sure Killman's not too worried about my comment,what ever problem you have with me get over it:roll:

killman
11-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Problem is I haven't been anywhere. To tell the truth I have been spoiled hunting on private land for quite awhile and haven't had to go anywhere else. Now the wolves have taken it over and ruined my hunt. :)

KB90
11-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Well Buddy, I have a doe tag in 5-2d. I have yet to see a deer in my regular spot. 1 doe on my trailcam and it was out for a week. BRUTAL. However tonight a guy got nice whitey close to my spot (weird thats the 2nd taken this year, never seen whietails there before). Anyways I think I'm going to go to 7-8 and shoot a doe there at least I know I will see some deer.

So dont ask me for help :)

killman
11-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Well Buddy, I have a doe tag in 5-2d. I have yet to see a deer in my regular spot. 1 doe on my trailcam and it was out for a week. BRUTAL. However tonight a guy got nice whitey close to my spot (weird thats the 2nd taken this year, never seen whietails there before). Anyways I think I'm going to go to 7-8 and shoot a doe there at least I know I will see some deer.

So dont ask me for help :)

So 7-8 has deer?:-D

KB90
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes sir :) long drive for you though to get to my spot.

killman
11-10-2010, 08:43 PM
[quote=KB90;785484]Yes sir :) long drive for you though to get to my spot.[/quote

How long????:mrgreen:

Big Lew
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I have driven the north highway between Chetwynd and Fort St John many times, and have always seen several deer, including bucks, along the steep switchbacks taking you from the river valley and fields, up to the plateau. I don't know if there is any area along the switchback area that you are allowed to hunt or not.

shawnwells
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I have driven the north highway between Chetwynd and Fort St John many times, and have always seen several deer, including bucks, along the steep switchbacks taking you from the river valley and fields, up to the plateau. I don't know if there is any area along the switchback area that you are allowed to hunt or not.
no...i dont belive there is....macelleny says private land...

sawmill
11-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm sure Killman's not too worried about my comment,what ever problem you have with me get over it:roll:
Well then ,be nice.

moosinaround
11-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Shane, try out towards Reid lake, or along the nechako river, off the end of the n.nechako rd! or try out towards Hixon, off of Campbell rd, or Mitchells woodlot just before Cinema, or around the Finmore road in 7-15 by Cluculz creek. Just throwing out some habitual spots where there are always deer. Moosin

jml11
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Generally, all areas south of Highway 16 from Vanderhoof to Mcbride have moderate to good deer populations and of course there are some on the north side as well near the major waterbodies (Fraser, Nechako, Salmon)...as a general rule, the farther south you go the more deer there are...at least Mulies, Whiteys are spread out with greater densities east in the Robson Valley and North around Mackenzie.

I partially disagree with the statement that there are deer spots and there are moose spots, I always see deer in the same areas I hunt moose, even hanging out in the wetlands. But having said that there are some moose areas that have few to little deer...usually north of town in the Bear Lake Area. And a few small areas that hold quite a few deer and only minimal moose...but we usually always run into a few moose while hunting deer in November.

killman
11-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. Thank you Ambush, once again you are the man! Had a great day chasing deer around. No kills but 40 yards from a very nice bucks ass. Damn near run over by a couple does. Chased a few more around.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/IMG00102-20101111-1531.jpg

Ambush
11-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Tomorrow you will show the doubters why you are called KILLman!!

Nice pic with the Mathews and the big rub. Good luck!!

killman
11-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Tomorrow you will show the doubters why you are called KILLman!!

Nice pic with the Mathews and the big rub. Good luck!!

Sorry buddy, I let you down. All I have is a broken arrow and an hand full of deer hair.........:icon_frow

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/IMG00107-20101112-1032.jpg

emerson
11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I went out off Finnmore Rd today. I climbed down into the Cluculz creek bottom from the western most cutblocks accessed from Finnmore. There was fresh snow and no tracks. I probably covered 800m/1000m along the bottom moving south. A miserable slide down and step step slide back, climb up. I followed some tracks that crossed Finnmore to the east right before it starts down to the river. There were 3 beds in the thicker timber; but the tracks in the snow were frozen in the bottom. The hard work is ok, but the no meat thing sucks. That's it for this year.