PDA

View Full Version : WT in 3-29

ratherbefishin
11-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I haven't hunted deadman creek [3-29] for about 10 years-it could a good late season mule deer area-if you hit it right[one morning we got three nice 4 pt bucks,next year we didn't even see a buck].I may have a chance to get up for a hunt if my boys can get away.What I was wondering is-are there any whitetails in there now?I would also appreciate any recent information on logging in the area....lots of road hunters from Kamloops ,we like to walk the timber.Saw some moose sign too,that area used to be good in the 60's-then moose populations imploded

4pointer
11-10-2010, 06:58 PM
There is some whitetails in there. I seen a couple doe up in there, more away from the deadman valley and up behind Vidette Lake, behind the bison farm. Lots of logging, very muddy but still accessible. They are few but every other hunt, I've seen them there. Good Luck

white moose
11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
My boys and I saw two whitey does with a muley doe this summer on the fatox lake road, more towards bonaparte. Mulies still dominate that area. Lots of clearcut on the bonaparte side. (pine beetle)

ratherbefishin
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
We've got a mule deer tags,not sure if we should pick up White Tail tags.but if the mulies are in there, it could be a good time to go-and a WT would be a bonus,never shot one