PDA

View Full Version : hunting Cranbrook

loosearch
11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Gday, i will be hunting in cranbrook in early sept 2011 with white swan lakes outfitters. Hunting for elk, deer and black bear. Just wondering what weather conditions are like, hunting terrain around Cranbrook, and if any body has had experience with the outfitters.
Thank you for your time
Glenn

hunter1947
11-10-2010, 04:24 AM
The weather can be as hot as 32c at this time of the year or the temp could bee cool the hi around +8.

The nights can be cool as well down around the 0 mark ,be prepared for hot or cold weather.

As for the outfitter I can't tell you ,never heard of his guiding company..

loosearch
11-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Thanks mate, is there much to see and do around Cranbrook? Do use get many good elk and deer around there. is there any good hunting supply stores in town.
Thanks Glenn

hunter1947
11-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Thanks mate, is there much to see and do around Cranbrook? Do use get many good elk and deer around there. is there any good hunting supply stores in town.
Thanks Glenn

Mountain Man sports on Baker ST has all the toys you need ,this store is in the hart of dowm town Cranbrook.

Lots to do here ,its a little town but filled with excitement ,as for game animals there where you find them ,they can be anywhere :wink:..

Mikey Rafiki
11-10-2010, 10:01 AM
You can find any game animal..... elk, whiteys, muleys, moose, bear within 10 minutes of town (or right in town). Some are way up high in the avalanche chutes, some are down in the valley bottoms. Like 1947 says, the temps can change a lot, so be prepared to lose some layers, especially if some hiking is involved. Walmart and Canadian Tire have a fair bit of hunting junk too, but don't expect or ask for any hunting advice there.

budismyhorse
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Good area, good outfitter. You'll love the place.

Steep and pretty rugged. I'd bring a skookum set of boots. Prepare for any type of weather. There is typically one good snowfall in early September. It melts quick but you'll be wet for half of your hunt I would be willing to bet.

good luck!

MB_Boy
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
I know it's not too 'mountainous' around Brisbane....but do some hiking "up" wherever you can. One thing to bear in mind as well....in Brisbane you are at sea level; Cranbrook is roughly 3000' above sea level and that will be your 'starting' elevation. You may notice that elevation change a bit as well. All depending on your conditioning.

Having said that....it is a beautiful area with tons to offer. Bring a LARGE memory card for your camera; it'll be easy to fill it up.

loosearch
11-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Thank you very much

Savage Man
11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
The weather will be like the others have said. As for Jordan and Natasha they are both nice people and run a good outfit ,the camp is beautiful. I am very familiar with the territory and it is steep so as others have said hike as much as you can.

model88
11-12-2010, 02:28 AM
I have guided for Jordan, excellent area for bears, very nice comfortable camp. Great scenery and a dip in the hotsprings is always nice.

32-40win
11-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Cranbrook area has probably the most diverse hunting and fishing opportunities in BC. Sept is usually good weather, but, in the mountains, anything can happen, and in a hurry if you are on the wrong side of the hill. A rainstorm in the valley, can be snow on the hills, and the wind is usually blowing up higher. You just have to be prepared for it all.

Hope you have fun.

The Hermit
11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Stairclimber in the gym, hike, always take the stairs, do some serious mountain bike riding on hills. Or, perhaps you will be horseback riding??

What ever you are one lucky SOB to be taking in this country... it is ASTOUNDING, AWE INSPIRING, JAW DROPPING BEAUTIFUL!