PDA

View Full Version : day trip region2/3?

gr8outdoors
11-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a new member and hunter I live in Delta and I was looking at trying to get away for a day trip and I was wondering where to go. I've been looking at both region 2 and 3 ,Region 2 bucks are open while region 3 is 4 points or better. I'm not looking for a trophy buck here I'm just looking for my best chance to get one in my cross hairs. I just had a baby boy just over 3 weeks ago and I can only get out for a day trip this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

henderson
11-09-2010, 11:15 PM
First you must tell a joke! Newbie rules Im afraid...then you ask for help!

In all honesty though hit the search button on here...MANY guys have started this thread and its been talked about a lot! Just dig deep man! Theres a lot of info here especially on reg2 and 3.

Just ignore the Jelly comments though ;)

twoSevenO
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
reg 8-5 for day trip, if youre goin tomorrow lol. up the coq then exit 228. reg 2 = tough huntin if you didnt have a chance to get to know the area.

gr8outdoors
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Sorry about that Henderson! Rookie mistake and thank you for the info I will take a look.
Two hunters were dragging their dead deer back to their car. Another hunter approached pulling his along too.

"Hey, I don't want to tell you how to do something ... but I can tell you that it's much easier if you drag the deer in the other direction. Then the antlers won't dig into the ground."

After the third hunter left, the two decided to try it.

A little while later one hunter said to the other, "You know, that guy was right. This is a lot easier!"

"Yeah, but we're getting farther from the truck," the other added.

markt308
11-10-2010, 10:40 AM
It's tough if you don't know the right areas u could spend all day in reg 2 and see nothing. the chances of getting a 4 point in one day in reg three are just as slim, but at least you will have a very good chance at seeing some animals. i'd go for reg 3! try the lytton area, not too far for ya

henderson
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Sorry about that Henderson! Rookie mistake and thank you for the info I will take a look.
Two hunters were dragging their dead deer back to their car. Another hunter approached pulling his along too.

"Hey, I don't want to tell you how to do something ... but I can tell you that it's much easier if you drag the deer in the other direction. Then the antlers won't dig into the ground."

After the third hunter left, the two decided to try it.

A little while later one hunter said to the other, "You know, that guy was right. This is a lot easier!"

"Yeah, but we're getting farther from the truck," the other added.

Hey no problem! I was put through the ringer for no joke and asking about stuff! (At that time I was fresh out of my CORE).

Good Joke and I hope you find what you are looking for!! Im heading that way on the 19 to see if I can spot any 4 pointers! When you go, make sure to leave me one!! ;) Good luck to you!