PDA

View Full Version : First Time Elk Hunting

Herman Rohrback
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Folks I could really use some advice here. I was fortunate enough to get a draw for Elk on Vancouver Island, rifle and Bull only. I was selected for MU 1-10 Zone I, Sayward Area. we are heading out this weekend in hopes to get my first Elk, we leave Victoria Fri morning an head back Sun, not a lot of time to hunt, so I could really use some tips on what area I should concentrate on. I have never hunted this part of the woods before. Again I would really appreciate some advice here, Thanks:(

cainer
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
*******o! That's my tag! Hope you put it to good use! Sorry don't know the area either...

todbartell
11-09-2010, 10:02 PM
hahaha. Get 'em boys

coach
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Dude - you posted in the Mainland section. Nobody here can help you. Perhaps you should post in the Vancouver Island section..:?

Whip
11-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Start right down in the salmon river flats, then start working the roads up the valley. If I remember right it's called c branch. Once you find sign on one road but not the next one up you are in business.....at least that is how it worked for me but there was some snow.

Herman Rohrback
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
*******o! That's my tag! Hope you put it to good use! Sorry don't know the area either...
Obviously you haven't gone out yet. I plan on putting it to good use! Good Luck with your hunt.

Herman Rohrback
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Dude - you posted in the Mainland section. Nobody here can help you. Perhaps you should post in the Vancouver Island section..:?
Sorry, new to this site. How do I do that?

hunter1947
11-10-2010, 04:58 AM
I hunted this area years back and where I saw elk many times was down stream drainage from lake Mc,creight there is a campsite a few k down stream from this lake you can stay at its along the river..

Work both roads to your right and left at the why one of the roads that go to your right is called bear bright the other to your left is called point main line..

If you don't have a mape book then get one of this area.

Drive up as many spur roads off these main line roads as you can and look ,good luck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

Peters Wildlife
11-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Lots of Elk up that way......pound em hard, you should connect

Good Luck

Herman Rohrback
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I hunted this area years back and where I saw elk many times was down stream drainage from lake Mc,creight there is a campsite a few k down stream from this lake you can stay at its along the river..

Work both roads to your right and left at the why one of the roads that go to your right is called bear bright the other to your left is called point main line..

If you don't have a mape book then get one of this area.

Drive up as many spur roads off these main line roads as you can and look ,good luck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

Thanks for the tips, that's the area we were looking at setting up camp. I appreciate your help. Cheers.