PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my little girls first Grouse!!!

Metis Huntress
11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, my teenage daughter took all the courses required and then some to be allowed to come hunting with xcaribooer and I. I think I was more excited for her than anything! My daughter and I walked through the woods near Big Bar Lake region of the Cariboo looking for a mule deer buck and possibly Grouse. As we walked along this Thanksgiving Morning, my daughter in front, she stopped and turned to quickly say, "Look Mom, I think thats a grouse!" I said, it sure is, I took a shot and sure enuff another one flew up and sat on a tree branch. I got my grouse and handed her the shotgun and said "here, its your turn, shoot that grouse!" She then replied, "No, You go ahead, I'll get the next one." :mrgreen: Hahahaha...I said, there may not be a next one so you will get this one! I then handed her the shotgun and instructed to take aim and when she was ready to pull the trigger...well after a few long minutes later...BOOM, and down went her Grouse! I was the proudest mom in the world to have been able to share that moment with her! She was so excited and it built a world of confidence in her to realize that she really wanted to get that big buck we were looking for! She cleaned it and cooked it that night at camp and it served it up as our thanksgiving meal!! It was the best day ever!!! :-D Unfortunatly we did not see the big buck we were looking for but came back with a great memory and experience non the less!!:-D

solanderdog
11-10-2010, 08:48 AM
That's cool. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could get my teenage son interested in bird hunting ... or any of my fishing buddies for that matter.

Chuck
11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
I always wondered why going to school wasn't half as interesting as going into the bush and looking for supper. Another life skill under the belt (so to speak). Good on her!

weatherby_man
11-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Thats a great story, good to see you taking out your daughter and teaching her some real life skills!! Something to last her a lifetime. Don't worry she'll get the chance on a buck someday and it will be another proud moment for you and her when it happens.

rifleman
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
thats great , I hope she keeps up the good work

elkdom
11-10-2010, 09:52 AM
GOOD on You and your kid,getting out hunting, the BigBar area is great country:mrgreen:,
my daughter started tagging along on moose and deer hunts when she was 4 years old,by the time she was 12 she was bugling elk and rattling during the Rut for buck deer , great times, memories for a Lifetime!:wink:
Good Luck on future hunts,,,,

Danny
11-19-2010, 08:47 AM
This story means nothing without pictures :-D