PDA

View Full Version : Gear Review - Fieldline Ultimate Waist Pack

rocksteady
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.fieldline.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=QC17UBL

Not a big fan (Okay I hate) regular backpacks for day hunts. I prefer to use a fanny or waist type pack to haul the necessities of a day hunt. (I hate day packs for the way they dig into my bony shoulders)

Used to use a World Famous waist pack, but have found it does not have enough room and is digging into my hip bones and causing sore hip bones, but also not distributing the wieght evenly.....

So I bought one of the above mentioned (Fieldline packs) and gave it a go yesterday...

Did not use the harness straps (which are detachable) and loaded it up with more than I would usually take on a short day hunt...

Spotting scope
Window Mount/tripod
2 knives/sharpener
camera/video camera
range Finder
gloves/toque
ammunition
toilet paper
rope
headlamp with spare batteries...
various other things

Went for a hike with another member to set up a tree stand, maybe a 30 minute hike from the truck

Set up the tree stand

30 minute hike out...

Initial thoughts:

Lots of indivdual pockets
Big enough pouches for spotting scope etc..
Wide straps, so not to dig into my scrawny ass
Lots of padding on the back (very comfy)
Distributes weight evenly, so no sore back
Not "top heavy" as I thought it may be, leaning backwards from my back, dependant on how I load it...

So far, so good....

Bought locally for $119, same price as Cabelas...

It also has the abilities to pack 2 supplied water bottles (I never pack water with me on a day hunt), I just drink from crreks/lakes/sloughs or suffer til I am back at the truck....Should not add that much weight or bad balance IMHO...

With the harness, I may be able to tolerate having it UNDER my camo jacket....

Saty tuned for further review....

Husky7mm
11-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Its a peace of crap, hold on to the reciept, the zippers wont close within a few hunts. It look great ,is is the right size and fits a spotter and tripod with some day gear but is super low quality in the zipper department.

Poguebilt
11-09-2010, 10:27 AM
need pics for a complete review :-D