PDA

View Full Version : hunting mullies in december

wos
11-07-2010, 09:43 AM
So it dosent look like I will be getting out much for deer in nov. But I am thinking of trying to help a buddy get a deer in region 3 in early dec. Never hunted them after the rut. does their behavior change much? or should we just get out and do the norm?

husky30-06
11-07-2010, 09:57 AM
i have found that the big guys do not move as much in dec as nov........ the little guys are out heavy though. I have shot one or two in the dec but, i found them in their beds and set chase.

ufishifish2
11-07-2010, 10:05 AM
My wall is decorated almost entirely with December bucks. I find them so much easier to get after the rut because they are out roaming looking for the last few does in heat. Does that were unsucessfully bred will go into heat again. I find the big boys much easier to rattle in as well.
It's also nice because there are very few other hunters left out there. Once Moose season ends, the bush is practically empty. It's the best!!

Ruger4
11-07-2010, 10:19 AM
My wall is decorated almost entirely with December bucks. I find them so much easier to get after the rut because they are out roaming looking for the last few does in heat. Does that were unsucessfully bred will go into heat again. I find the big boys much easier to rattle in as well.
It's also nice because there are very few other hunters left out there. Once Moose season ends, the bush is practically empty. It's the best!!

cant wait !!!:wink:

SR80
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
would you say that Whitetails act the same after the rut? I dont mean to hijack the threat.