PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Advice

Super Matt
11-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm leaving the island for Clearwater on monday morning. My partner and I have moose tag for 3-41 and I have never taken one, or a mule deer for that matter. Neither of us have hunted the area before and I was hoping to get some feed back on the area. Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

SimilkameenSlayer
11-06-2010, 04:59 PM
no advice, but will be there on Monday.

all the best
ss

MuleyMadness
11-06-2010, 05:51 PM
You're likely going to need to get to higher altitude and find where the animals have concentrated for their feed. Also, as an FYI, read the recent Clearwater hunting thread, it's a tough year this year for whatever reason. Is it a cow or bull tag, the cows tend to be a better hunt after the rut, while the boys are licking their wounds a lot more and can be difficult to find. Best I can suggest is hope it turns cold, and you get decent snow,that way the animals will concentrate more to where their food is.

dana
11-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Know a few locals that had that draw in Oct. They didn't even see a moose. If I were you I'd focus in the north end of the unit. As for deer, I have hit that unit hard this year and haven't seen a legal buck. I too recommend reading the recent Clearwater thread.

BUCKJR
11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I too have a moose draw for 3-41, won't be coming up till later in the month, definately hope we see some cooler temps and snow! It's not looking to promising though.

Super Matt
11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the responses, I hope to have some pics for all to see in a week or two.

BlacktailStalker
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Bet you get one or the other.
Good luck.