PDA

View Full Version : Rut ???????

Tack243
11-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Any thing happening yet with the rut, I haven't seen any Bucks other than the ones in the back yard.

Lots of does,very few Grouse but thats hunting.

Cheers

XPEIer
11-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Was on Hwy 97 on Wedensday, South of Quesnel, 4pt walking along the ditch at 10am.

Tons of does etc. in the fields all day as well.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Rut has been cancelled this year due to lack of interest.:wink:

SSS

7mag700
11-06-2010, 08:47 AM

SSS

lol SSS...

I was watching 4 WT does/fawns in a field the other day when another doe and a little spiker buck came bouncing across in front of me. They all were having a snack when the buck decided to chase one of the girls around. After doing about 6 circles she'd had enough and headed for the treeline. He took one nonchalant bite from the field before hightailing it after her :mrgreen:

Here's a pic (sorry for the quality but it was a bit far away by the time I took it, and straight into the sun...)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_2326_Small.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20993&size=big&cat=500)

7m7

troutseeker
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM

SSS

Haha, sounds like my life...:(

Gunner Staal
11-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Had a two point come into rattling yesterday then bust off when a doe came past up the ridge. Was chasin her like a mad man, head down and almost in full run at times. Like a 19 year old in the bar for the first time. Still saw lots of does on their own though. That was near Kelowna

Stone Sheep Steve
11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Haha, sounds like my life...:(

Ooooooohhhhhhhh, how I know your pain all too well:icon_frow. At least you can go hunting. I just get to work:icon_frow:icon_frow.

The only reason the rut isn't cancelled is because deer don't marry.

SSS

TPB
11-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Seen a big 3x2 with real deep forks (muley) today with 2 fawns and a couple does. He was just feeding wasn't really chasing them around but it still took me a good 15 minutes making sure there wasnt another tine as he was tall and wide.