PDA

View Full Version : Can I take friend to target shooting in the outdoor

kenli
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone:

this is a great site, i got a lot of information from here. thanks a lot

Here I have a question.

I want to take my girlfriend to outdoor to do some target shooting. I have my pal and my hunter license, and she doesn't have PAL neither hunter license. I understand as long as I am with her, it's allowed. But can each of us carry a rifle while out there? or just i can carry one rifle?

If lucky, I also hope to bag some rabbits, Can she shooting rabbits as well? then bagged into my bag limit? Or she must has her own hunter license?

thanks for you guys's advice in advance.

KL

11-04-2010, 03:39 PM
She cannot carry a firearm while you are hunting. When you go shooting bring some tagrets etc and shoot. When you are in the truck road hunting it will be ok as long as your the one killing but if you go for a walk take only one firearm.

BigSlapper
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
oh boy ....:-|

warnniklz
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I may come off as a d-bag here...

Nothing against you man, but you got your PAL and Hunters number and don't know the answer to this yet??

Short answer... no PAL = can't touch a firearm... no hunting license = no killing... 1 firearm/PAL

urbanhermit
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
We'll need to see a picture of her to give the correct answer...

sawmill
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
oh boy ....:-|
WHAT???Hot girlfriend,likes guns,man asks an honest question?(I`m assuming she`s hot,right bud:mrgreen:)

She can handle your gun at the range (or at home) but she cannot shoot anything without a hunting lisence or carry a fire arm without a PAL .
Good on her for wanting to give it a try.Lucky man you are.Post photo`s.:mrgreen:

warnniklz
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
We'll need to see a picture of her to give the correct answer...

this is also true... then you get the long answer

mijinkal
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Nothing against you man, but you got your PAL and Hunters number and don't know the answer to this yet??

Short answer... no PAL = can't touch a firearm... no hunting license = no killing... 1 firearm/PAL

Do you have your PAL? If so, shouldn't you know the answer?

Yes, you can take your girlfriend shooting with you, she must be under your direct supervision while handling a firearm.
No, she can't kill anything. And no, she shouldn't carry a rifle while you're out hunting.

urbanhermit
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
WHAT???Hot girlfriend,likes guns,man asks an honest question?(I`m assuming she`s hot,right bud:mrgreen:)

She can handle your gun at the range (or at home) but she cannot shoot anything without a hunting lisence or carry a fire arm without a PAL .
Good on her for wanting to give it a try.Lucky man you are.Post photo`s.:mrgreen:
we are not perverts or anything, we just want all the facts before giving advice..:-D

11-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Just to expand a bit here.... if you can touch her she can use your gun.
but as soon as you cant reach her you gun is useless to her.

In all seriousness, you can take your girl shooting as long as you are in controle of her. She cannot kill anything though. just go to a sand pit and have at'er

ruger#1
11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
we are not perverts or anything, we just want all the facts before giving advice..:-DAre you sure. You guys are starting to sound like ones. Why don't you want pics of the 50 mil lotto max winners?.:mrgreen:

Island Idiots
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I find it interesting that for such a simple question the answers given can be so wrong. If it was me, I would seek the answers from the firearms legislation. Not this website, or what someone else says. But hey, that's just me.

11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I find it interesting that for such a simple question the answers given can be so wrong. If it was me, I would seek the answers from the firearms legislation. Not this website, or what someone else says. But hey, that's just me.

so what is wrong in the awnsers he recieved.... other than a bit of sarcasm?

urbanhermit
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Are you sure. You guys are starting to sound like ones. Why don't you want pics of the 50 mil lotto max winners?.:mrgreen:
ooohhhh yeah, congradulations on that, must be nice to retire early dude:-D

ruger#1
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
ooohhhh yeah, congradulations on that, must be nice to retire early dude:-D Sorry dude, I have another 13 years until retirement.

500grhollowpoint
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I would look in the legislation. What I remember was something to the effect of you don't need a PAL to carry a gun.... as long as there is a person with a PAL who can see you and talk to you, that you can hear without the aid of radios, phones etc. As far as shooting something....sure if she is between the age of 10 and 14 and has a junior licence and is with you.....

slicky72
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
ooohhhh yeah, congradulations on that, must be nice to retire early dude:-D

Zinggggg..!

urbanhermit
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Sorry dude, I have another 13 years until retirement.
them two guys didnt look like the hunting types either

Hydrojet
11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Better the gun going off in her hands than yours!!

seriously though....she can use yours as long as you are in controlling distance (with your hands as most girls don't listen very well....joking :) ) but hunting with 2 people, 1 pal and one licence so only one gun and the licence holder does the shooting only...and as for wondering about killling something without a hunters licence or just target shooting without a pal...well that means you may need you to review your core and the synopsis! Read the synopsis every year regardless...they change stuff!

mxracer328
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
me no speaka engrish

Mauser98
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone:

this is a great site, i got a lot of information from here. thanks a lot

Here I have a question.

I want to take my girlfriend to outdoor to do some target shooting. I have my pal and my hunter license, and she doesn't have PAL neither hunter license. I understand as long as I am with her, it's allowed. But can each of us carry a rifle while out there? or just i can carry one rifle?

If lucky, I also hope to bag some rabbits, Can she shooting rabbits as well? then bagged into my bag limit? Or she must has her own hunter license?

thanks for you guys's advice in advance.

KL

Your girlfriend can't hunt - no licence

She can shoot as long as she's under your direct control and supervision. So bring two(or more) firearms and have fun with your sweety.

From the Firearms Act:

33. (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fra/F-11.6/page-4.html#codese:33) Subject to section 34, a person may lend a firearm only if
(a) the person

(i) has reasonable grounds to believe that the borrower holds a licence authorizing the borrower to possess that kind of firearm, and

(ii) lends the borrower the registration certificate for the firearm, except in the case of a borrower who uses the firearm to hunt or trap in order to sustain himself or herself or his or her family; OR

(b) the borrower uses the firearm under the direct and immediate supervision of the person in the same manner in which the person may lawfully use it.

kenli
11-04-2010, 04:34 PM
hey, guys thanks a lot, for the answers.
I am posting her photos as for thanks for answer me so quick, she will shoot at me if she knows, but hey, she dont come to this site and dont tell her
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93444040@N00/5146716641/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93444040@N00/5146716627/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93444040@N00/5146716609/

Hydrojet
11-04-2010, 04:39 PM
youre shooting blanks man....nothing but x's

kenli
how come photo is not up?
u guys has to go fliker to see it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93444040@N00/5146716627/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93444040@N00/5146716609/in/photostream/

500grhollowpoint
Picfail. :icon_frow

dabat
11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Now, what was the question? Just kidding, I am sure you know the answer by now

jamfarm
11-04-2010, 04:49 PM

I love your honesty!

7mag700
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Just to expand a bit here.... if you can touch her she can use your gun.

Sig line anyone? :mrgreen:

7m7

11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
All of the smart guys on here know to have there girlfriends get there core to double there odds at the crapshoot LEH. three years running I have gotten NIL for a total of 18 apps. she has put in 6 and gotten 2. moose and wt doe. women just have better luck at leh. I may not be able to live my LEH dream out but at least I can watch a hot blonde live out my ream. ;)

tell her to sort her life out, put priorities first and get her hunter number before the next LEH.