PDA

View Full Version : Island Kitty Thwarted by 6 year old

Tarp Man
05-24-2006, 09:31 AM
How's this for a monster load of bravery underscored by a little naivete?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/23052006/2/national-boy-6-receives-award-saving-little-brother-prowling-cougar.html

Man that kid is something!
-Tarp Man

Iron-Head
05-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Definately, Thanks for the read.
Symon

yote
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I worry about my kids at my inlaws because cougars are always around there. Four cougars have been spotted around greater Victoria in the past 48 hours! I guess the young males are out looking for some new territory.

Tarp Man
05-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Those young males are always looking for new territory!:twisted:
-Tarp Man

huntwriter
05-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Good story. It seems to be a daily occurence lately that people have run ins with bears and cougars in suburban areas.

bigwhiteys
05-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Great Story... That 6 year old kid probably doesn't fully understand how serious that situation would be.

Myself, my little sister, my cousin were rolling rocks down a hillside close by my grandparents outfit when we were 10-12 years old.

We couldn't see it but just inside the bushes there was a big boar grizzly with a moose kill right there. And our rocks were rolling right into it!!!

The grizzly came out FIGHTING MAD and tried to wind us but couldn't so then he put the charge on and was coming up that hill incredibly fast straight for us. My uncle (he took us on this hike) told us kids to run down into the valley while he stayed behind to distract the bear. (He was by now only 100 yards or so away and on FULL charge uphill.)

I ran so hard and fast that I ran right OVER my little sister and my cousin... It was a good thing though. I was going so fast I blazed a trail right through the bush for them to follow! LOL

My dad watched this unfold from down below and had quite the chuckle. My sister wouldn't even get out of the truck for a campfire lunch 5 miles down the road! The bear ended up stopping the charge and going back down the hill to feed knowing he put the run on us. We let the outfitter in the area know where he was and that bear was taken by one of their hunters.

Good on that kid! I remember the experience vividly and he will for the rest of his life too!

Happy Hunting!
Carl

PGKris
05-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Thats a close one. Probably a good thing the kid didnt know any better. Too bad they had to shoot the cat but hey, thats the way she goes.