PDA

View Full Version : deer talk ..the deer stopper

gmcslinger
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
hey so i went to find a deer call today i have never used one befor ppl keep telling me to get one so i went and looked around and a guy told me to get one called "deer talk" the deer stopper so i thought sure why not ill give it a shot so my question is how do you use the damn thing i read the back and sorta got the jist of it but how hard do you blow/breath threw it and for how long short burst

grizzlydown
11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
They work amazing, try to find the Gord eastman hunting video how to talk to deer. E.L.K.= Eastman Laubach Kreations they make the call and produced the video. One end is a lower sounding doe bleat and the other is a fawn high pitch sound. Bite partially down and blow 2-3 seconds and pause and repeat. They also published a book on the deer talk.

warnniklz
11-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I LOVE THE THING!! gotta squeeze a bit with your lips. Practice at home. Don't blow too hard. I've stopped all sorts of deer with it. Adjust the pitch my tightening the bands. You can get them pretty much anywhere. And if you can't let me know.

gmcslinger
11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
thanks i will try to find that video i played around with it abit both sides pretty much sound the same to me? i guess it will just take some practice

LYKTOHUNT
11-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I think they work great I have shot a few bucks by using the call, they did not call the bucks in but they did bring the does in and the boys followed. I am not sure of the technique you are are supposed to use but I just partially squeeze it together and blow sort of soft 5-10 minute intervals sometimes it takes a little while but it has also suprised me how quick it can work

gmcslinger
11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
and another question i have is are you just suposed to blow into the side you want or do you put the call inside your mouth and blow out threw the side you want i kno its a dumb question but like i said iv never used one befor

lynx
11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
They stop the deer even on a run I have found. Mostly i use mine for elk and it works great. Called out 6 bulls this fall using it. Its all on the pitch you choose that i have found. I change it from calling elk to stopping deer which all i use it for, just stopping a running deer.
I have my deer call that i use for calling in deer.

tarzan
11-02-2010, 03:02 PM
best call out there for blacktails

gmcslinger
11-02-2010, 03:10 PM
what kind of calls are good for calling in deer?

brandonhunter
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I have one of those calls too!!! Only problem is I always forget to bring it with me when I'm hiking through the woods. I have heard that they work excellent though!

BCrams
11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
My No. 1 mule deer call and has been for as long as its been out.

Get the book. Deer Talk. It tells you how to use that call properly with calling sequences and where / when to use it etc.

Its one hot call.

Chillybilly
11-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I carry one in each pocket in case I lose one! Used them for many years, they are awesome. I have the book very detailed info on how to use it. The basic sequence in the book is called 555 1212, the 5 means a doe call with 5 sec intervals, done between calls and then fawn call 1212 or one second apart and then two seconds apart and so on. Do this at 10 o 15 minute intervals.
Chilly

GoatGuy
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
only works on domestic deer

todbartell
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
first seen it in action on a rut hunt in Region 3 in 2004. Works amazing in some situations

gearjunkierob
11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Great call for bringing in the does. I watched 4 does bed down in a clear cut a few hundred yards away a while back. I was in a pretty good spot above them and used the fawn in distress side of the call....it worked extremely well. As soon as I started blowing on the call the deer all got up and trotted in single file up to my location. They came in behind me and wound up winding me and taking off but it really proved to me that the call works....too bad there wasn't a monster buck following them in! A word of caution: blowing on a fawn in distress call may bring more than just does in, any cougars and bears that are in the area may come around looking for an easy meal. Have fun with it!