PDA

View Full Version : cariboo houndsmen

brad ferris
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
hey guys i'm looking for some houndsmen in the cariboo to get out with. i have run a bit down in the kootenays but just got my own hound a few days ago. i live between quesnel and williams lake. give me a shout if you can give a new houndsman and young hound some help.

Spokerider
11-01-2010, 08:09 PM
You live in a great place for hounds, you lucky bugger!

brad ferris
11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=Spokerider;778343]You live in a great place for hounds, you lucky bugger![/QUOTE

You know it buddy. It was a contributing factor for my moving up here. I'm chomping at the bit to get out and run something.

brad ferris
11-02-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm also looking to find a tracking system. I will probably buy the garmin eventually but if I can pick up or borrow a telemetry system in the mean time that would be great.

BlacktailStalker
11-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Brad ferris, I strongly recommend picking up both telemetry and the gps if you do, or not the gps OVER the telemetry anyways.
If you can get by with a cheapo this year, I think you'll see a combination of both coming out next year that might be the "cats ass."

brad ferris
11-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I would love to pick up an inexpensive telemetry system. I'm kinda oldschool anyway. There should be a few boxes and collars gathering dust with all the guys jumping to these. Gps units. Maybe I can find a loner for the winter if somebody isn't ready to part with it outright.

BlacktailStalker
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
This guy may have a collar

http://www.biggamehoundsmen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17917

Keep an eye out there, lots of stuff popping up on a regular basis in the classifieds, there may be more now.

GoatGuy
11-02-2010, 11:37 AM
first, some pictures of WK elk.

brad ferris
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
first, some pictures of WK elk.

Sorry man the biggest bull I was abe to find was a rag horn 5 point. I know of quite a few bulls being taken down there but haven't seen any pics yet. I tried to avoid most of the high presure areas but in doing so I guess I also avoided the elk. It will be interesting to see some winter range pics to determine what made it through.

GoatGuy
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry man the biggest bull I was abe to find was a rag horn 5 point. I know of quite a few bulls being taken down there but haven't seen any pics yet. I tried to avoid most of the high presure areas but in doing so I guess I also avoided the elk. It will be interesting to see some winter range pics to determine what made it through.

I thought you guys put a few bulls on the ground?

BlacktailStalker
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
This one looks better.

http://www.biggamehoundsmen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17642

bayou
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I thought you guys put a few bulls on the ground?
You may be thinking faiers , there group took quit a few I heard.

Brad I may have a spare coller this winter but no spare receiver though.

Elkaholic
11-03-2010, 07:39 AM
You may be thinking faiers , there group took quit a few I heard.

Brad I may have a spare coller this winter but no spare receiver though.

Yea he could be thinking that as most people actually butcher their name. I have put hands on their biggest bull at 380's and it is a pig. And they had a 370, couple 320's and 1 or two more I think.

Spokerider
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
What breeding is your hound Brad? Finnished dog? Pup?

brad ferris
11-04-2010, 11:06 PM
What breeding is your hound Brad? Finnished dog? Pup?

He's a walker. Bout a year and a half old. He's from shaker down in the okanogan and chilcotin hillbilly has a littermate female to him. He hasn't seen much yet but I hope to remedy that this winter. He's really bonded to me. Almost to much so I'm thinking. I really need to get him running with some other hounds to get him excited about chasing.

SHAKER
11-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Told you Waylon was a big suck.... Hoped all's going well and the snows come'n so maybe we'll all get some runn'n in.:twisted: