PDA

View Full Version : Something to keep my bino lenses dry?

vanislehunter1
11-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I haven't really noticed anything that keeps the top lenses dry on binoculars while it's raining. Is there such a product despite the badlands bino case which is $60? I really don't like keeping them inside my jacket because they are hard to get out of there without making a bunch of noise.

Wild Images
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Google Bino Buddy

NoLimit99
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Or just use rainx no joke rub a bit on as you would do on your winsheild and a way we go.

Kirby
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM
get flip up scope covers. put one on each eye piece

blacktail_junkie
11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Or just use rainx no joke rub a bit on as you would do on your winsheild and a way we go.

I've been meaning to pick some up to test it out, glad to know it works, I was also thinking of the anti fog stuff for the windshield to keep the face from fogging them up.

goatdancer
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Allen makes similar kind as Badlands for a lot less money.

troutseeker
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
There are sliding lens covers that attach to your bino straps, they work. I gotthe Badlands bino case a month ago and it is the best thing I have used to date (and I think I've tried them all...). Pricey but good.

swampthing
11-01-2010, 08:11 PM
How does that badland case work when you gots a heavy pack on? I have been eyeballing one but am hesitant.

troutseeker
11-05-2010, 01:14 PM
How does that badland case work when you gots a heavy pack on? I have been eyeballing one but am hesitant.

I had a 50 pound pack on top of it and I was fine. The Badlands straps are thin and don't really interfere with the packs comfort. If you have a Badlands pack the case is supposed to attach to the front of the shoulder harness. One might even be able to get a couple of clips sewn onto any pack to make this work...

chinook
11-06-2010, 12:15 AM

Does it affect the clarity of the glass at all?

coach
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I have the Badlands bino case and find it to be a great product. The case has the ability to hold a water bladder, which might be useful anytime you are out without a pack (maybe scouting). I wear mine under my pack, and find it quite comfortable. The magnetic opening is quiet, but keeps things secure. There's extra space and pouches inside the case to put your license, glass cleaner, etc. The only modification I will be making is to add a ring and quick release or caribiner to the cord that connects to my binoculars. This change would make it quick to separate the binos from the case as I'm not a huge fan of wearing the case while driving in the truck. I no longer own a quad, but this case would be of huge benefit to anyone who does. Keeping my binoculars clean and accessible is well worth the investment.

115 or bust
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Get a quieter jacket, if getting your bino's out makes too much noise whats hitting a couple branches like (an arrowsmith concert???)!

vanislehunter1
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Get a quieter jacket, if getting your bino's out makes too much noise whats hitting a couple branches like (an arrowsmith concert???)! It's not so much the noise, it's just the inconvenience of having to pull them out every time that I want to look at something. And i've definitely overspent in the jacket department, so i'm in no rush to buy a new one since mine is only 4 months old.