PDA

View Full Version : Redhead hunting gear from basspro?

Torch
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
So I've been told by the wife to look at some new hunting clothes (outer layer) for Christmas...I currently have a cheap set of the rocky outer shell from Canadian tire that works great for waterproof/windproof but seem very loud... So now I'm looking for tops and bottoms in the $150 price range, and would like something of better quality.

I like to hike around while hunting and do some spot and stalk...sometimes I'll sit and watch a clearing...

I want something quiet...
Warm...
comfortable (not bulky)...
Mild water resistants (not a priority)
Kinda athletic fitting (for hiking)

I have been looking at the redhead line from bass-pro's and can't find much in the way of independent reviews though..

There's lots out there so I'm looking for some solid references...

kishman
11-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I picked up a Redhead fleece zip-up jacket at BPS in vegas last year. Warm, quiet and well made, also a bargain@$49.95, very happy with the purchase.

JCVD
11-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Good for stands, not so good for still hunting. Sweat stays inside and you will feel wet and cold.

Torch
11-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Good to know.... Anythoughts on arctic sheilds stuff?

Blacktail
11-02-2010, 05:37 AM
you could also try thr outfitter fleece style from cabelas
the windshear lined stuff is what I have for out here in south eastern alberta where there is always a breeze.

JCVD
11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Good to know.... Anythoughts on arctic sheilds stuff?

Honestly, try to find some wool or even fleece. Wool preferred. You may get damp, but you will ALWAYS be warm. Filsons is good but most likely out of the budget. An army surplus store may be what you need. I have tried all the "NEW and IMPROVED" gimmicky stuff out there and have since gone back to good old wool.