PDA

View Full Version : Any Buck Has Come and Gone...Who's Ready For 4 point

Gunner Staal
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
With any buck season over today and having passed on a couple of small bucks (with great difficulty) the last couple days, just wondering how many other fellas are gettin jacked up for 4 point season. Man I hope things pick up. I hiked over 40 km combined this weekend and despite ridiculous amounts of sign, saw very few deer. Picked up a bleat can call today. Have never tried one but im gonna give it a shot this week. Whats the audience say on those??

takla1
10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
see my rock creek post,we just got back and we did a lot of climbing,up high to the snow line as we had some fresh snow.covered a lot of territory and we didnt see any big bucks.I did find two nice 4 point mulie sheds up there tho.We got a spike and there were two other camps with muley spikes and that was it.WE heard someone seen a three point mulie about a week ago but had no shot.Talked to a local and he said they dont come into this area till the snow flys hard and starts to pile up so it could be another couple weeks

snareman1234
10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeap Im ready!

Shot my meat buck, 2 pt whitetail

Passed up 17 bucks this season, all small though, 2's and 3's

waiting for a 150 class or better

cainer
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Screw the 4 points-I wouldn't mind a gigantic 9 by 11 mulie adorning my wall..might haveta go to Okanagan Mountain to find him though:lol:

shed-hunter1
10-31-2010, 09:07 PM
already chasing big buck just need to get a shot bring on the big guys this is when hunting starts

Prowler
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
already chasing big buck just need to get a shot bring on the big guys this is when hunting starts

I agree, I usualy dont even hit the mainland untill 4 pt or better starts. November.... ahhh, That feels good rolling off my tongue....:-D

mark
10-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Its gonna be a tough hunt in region 8 if we dont get any snow!
Last year we had 3 feet in the high country at this time!

boxhitch
10-31-2010, 09:32 PM
There is enough snow at 1500 for tracking but no where near enough to drive them down.
Just a typical start to November really.

sparkes3
10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
already got my region 8 four point mulie in the early season,
now for a late one in region 3

Stone Sheep Steve
11-01-2010, 06:15 AM
6:00am and 9deg C outside:?. Tomorrow's high is forecast......15 deg C:confused:.

I feel sorry for you guys that actually have time to hunt:wink:.

SSS

Camp Cook
11-01-2010, 06:26 AM
I was leaving the Fraser Valley this morning worked like crazy getting everything loaded up yesterday but my little guy (3 1/2 year old) has had the sniffles since yesterday morning and it is raining so hard right now that I think we'll put it off for another day to see if both my guy and the weather clears up...

BlackBear
11-01-2010, 07:12 AM
In the early season, I took a 5x5 mulie. It's at the taxidermist. Yesterday, I took a small white-tailed buck. For the most part, my season is done. However, I plan to do some scouting toward the end of the season (i.e., the last few days).

4 point
11-01-2010, 08:51 AM
I have passed on 8 smaller muley bucks in October. Looking for mister big to go with the one I already have on the wall at home. Been out looking but no sign yet where I hunt of the big boys of course, not nmuch snow doesn't help. They'll come.

KB90
11-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Today is the beginning! I will hunt every hunt-able day here in region 5. I finish up school at 2. So weekdays 2pm-dark and weekends dusk till dawn.
(Also Planning a little trip rememberance day weekend somewhere in region 7 for the closure here in 5)

I've already told the GF and family I won't be home for dinners and won't I be available for anything else :). I didn't hunt much in october spent lots of time doing other things with family etc. just for this month. It's going to be awesome.

I went and bought a couple trail cams to throw up in my spot. I plan on leaving them out for the "rut closure" If anything I hope to get some cool pictures. I am going to put them up tonight.

Glassman
11-01-2010, 10:01 AM
4 point? I would be happy with a 1 point. Have only seen 1 mulie spiker this year. Good thing Junior shot a 6 point elk early Sept. I'm still hearing about how he is the only one providing meat for the family.(we split the elk with other hunting buddie). Steaks and hamburger are taken care of but need a couple of whitey does or a mulie buck for jerky and sausages.

Cyrus
11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I passed up a 4 point opening day and I told myself I might regret it......But I didn't want my season to end so soon this year....passed up several 2 points/spikes, 3 points....get my chance on Friday at a good buck and I missed.........Seen more bucks this year then ever (mostly in September), guessing 45-50??? I have a bad feeling I might pay for being picky in the end but it sure was a good season just to see some wildlife!! Hopefully a dumb 4 point will show his face!

muledeercrazy
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I shot a decent 4X3 blacktail on the opening weekend here on the island..I have been out a few times since but really need to save a tag or two for a white-tail or muley. Now i am going stir crazy watching the weather and getting ready to head to the mainland on the 11th.. I cant wait. Thank god for HBC, at least i can get some kind of a fix for now. 9 more days...

edit.. at least i have some venison smokies and pepperoni to keep me going now!

pete_k
11-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Either way. It sure is beautiful up there with 4 or 5" of fresh snow on the ground. I have a good area picked out to sit and glass. Retrieval should not be that hard if I get lucky enough.

4 point
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Glassman I have been seeing lots and lost of smaller bucks this year. They seem to be everywhere. Good survival the last couple winters and a real healthy pospulation over this way for sure to produce more bucks. But hunting the bigger ones is away more fun, harder and rewarding when you score.

yiorgo3
11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Off to the east Kootneys for deer. It has been 7 yrs since I hunted there. Cousin is working there so taking him up on the offer to stay at his house. First Time for Father. He has only shot island blacktails. If any of you HBC people see a 2 tone grey and burgandy ford f150 with a white canopy say hello. Good luck to the Nov. deer hunters!!