PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Mishka
10-31-2010, 09:21 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to all the great people on HBC for their valuable information and support. - You know who you are, hats off!

I'm a new hunter who does not come from a hunting family. Up until a few years ago, though I was never against hunting, I just never thought I could do it myself. Living in the Peace for a few years changed that! Now I'm in the Okanagan. I did my research and practiced with my rifle. It all paid off last Sunday morning when I downed my first mulie. - A young forked buck. (sorry no pics!). I had been busting my a$$ still-hunting that area on the weekends for the past month and it finally happened.

The scouting was awesome (love to explore anyway), the still-hunting was terrific but frustrating at times, pulling the trigger was easy (just a target), the moment when I realized I just took his life kinda sucked (yeah okay, I'm a chick), the rest was just a job to do.

With some great info from a friend up north and the bits of info from this site, I cut my meat and its all packed in the freezer.

So, thanks guys for everything, this is a great site. Now I can't wait to get a moose or an elk!!!

kgs
10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
congrats on the your first deer.

bchunter181
10-31-2010, 09:25 AM
aewsome congrats i am a newer hunter never shot a deer yet and new to this site hoping to get mine this year congrats again.

born2hunt
10-31-2010, 09:43 AM
thatta guy congrats to you!

doubled
10-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Congrats on your first. Sounds like you put your time in. I am sure your next will be easier.

sawmill
10-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Way to go!You should be proud of yourself.Welcome to the Fraternity:mrgreen:

Mishka
10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah, it does feel pretty good!! Even my Mom wants me to bring her some venison to try next time I visit. Changing lives one deer at a time...

270WIN
10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
great job on your firts. but feeling bad about taking a life is not all that bad the way you explained how you felt about the hunt from just a target to quilt to just work is how I feel after ever harvest I have ever pulled he triger on myself. I may tent to get a littl buck fever time to time

ruger#1
10-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, it does feel pretty good!! Changing lives one deer at a time... This would make a good sig. Congrats and hope you do it again.

North Star
10-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Congrats on the deer.

It's not taking a life, it's a cycle of life. People are a part of nature and have every right to eat and exist as the next species/animal.

Mishka
10-31-2010, 11:19 AM
This would make a good sig. Congrats and hope you do it again.

Ha ha, done!

Laurence_Erickson
10-31-2010, 11:30 AM
mishka congrats on your first deer .It sounds like it was good learning expirience . I would just like to add MY buddy really meant .Thatta girl ,:-D
thatta guy congrats to you!

Climbhigher
10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
the moment when I realized I just took his life kinda sucked (yeah okay, I'm a chick

HA HA! My first deer (A doe) Screamed like a child for a good 20 seconds before expiring! Then to top it off an unseen fawn walked up and watched me gut his mother, the little ******* wouldn’t go away. I swear I seen a tear in his little eye. I was horrified. It all worked out though my salty tears further seasoned my backstraps on my dinner plate, and I got over it… One mouthful at a time! :mrgreen:

rocksteady
10-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Congrats on your first, its always special....

Nothing wrong with a chick who hunts....As long as she brings her own guns and gear,:-D you know, female equality and all that stuff:wink:

Welcome aboard, you can always post some pics of the rack, not as good as a field pic, but will do nicely...

Gateholio
10-31-2010, 11:58 AM
If you dont' feel *something* after killing a beautiful animal, you shouldn't be hunting.

COngrats on your first! :-D

Mishka
10-31-2010, 12:06 PM
HA HA! My first deer (A doe) Screamed like a child for a good 20 seconds before expiring! :mrgreen:

Ha ha, I'm really really really glad my buck didn't scream!

He was 80 yards away and it was a clean shot in the shoulder. He bolted for maybe 50 yards and died in the trees. Nice and quick.

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Congrats on your first buck!