PDA

View Full Version : Sure Beats School

steelheadSABO
10-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Spent a week in the bush hunting had a doe draw which was a gimme Frenchbar and I went out on the quads and spooked up three does. Well I was still waking up and was far two slow to get a shot off so about half hour later we spot two more does way off in the distance around 175-200 yards so I let the lead fly with my grandpas old model 88 boom... nothing happened... click click boom Frenchbar say "I don't think you hit him" so we go out into the cut looking around and there it is the doe. With the quad it made quick work of getting it out and back to camp for skinning. Out later that evening I saw a spike and that was it didn't shoot at it because I knew the year my uncle passed away was the year I was gonna get a big buck. So a couple days later my dad was tired of bouncing around on the quad so we did a hour drive around when it would only take ten minutes on the quad. We were driving along and saw a couple pulled over on the side of the road that said they had seen a buck so we continued on past to the spot were I had seen the spike. Tired of riding in the truck I was out the door and walking before a knew it. I could sense a Buck on the other side of the hill right along the tree line, I could tell my feet could sense it too since by now I was almost jogging towards the hill. I get too the top and look down and what do I see a a set of antlers moving quickly across the cut not only antlers but steaks and burgers too. So again my model 88 was loaded before I knew what was going on and boom nothing happened the buck was moving just as quickly through the cut. So I let out a grunt he looks back for a second. Click click boom he drops on the spot my dad runs up behind to see what was going on just as a spot two more bucks moving along the ridge to the left. Two Two points I point them out too my dad but in the moment he didn't notice the stump he could have rested on. He let out three shots with the 270 but didn't even slow them down. We go down to check out mine and he's still breathing a little so I quickly finished him off. The first shot went down through the spine through the heart and out the neck. After we got it gutted out we dragged it about fifty yards with only half a kilometer left to go I decided it would be quicker if he drove the hour each way to get the quad. So as I'm sitting out in the open next to this carcass two does come walking within ten yards of me. Once we got the quad there we Through it up on the back and hauled it out not bad for a 2wd. I'm practicing doing a European mount so I got the skull boiling right now since I don't have beetles.
(Also For sale: A cutco serrated knife and a key to a 2007 yamaha kodiak :wink:)
Pics to follow

steelheadSABO
10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20922&limit=recent
The only pic i can seem to upload now

leadpillproductions
10-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Nice buck ......

JoshCampbell
10-30-2010, 10:04 PM
excellent buck for sure

steelheadSABO
10-30-2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20924&cat=500
another pic

Kid Hunter
10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Nice buck! looks like fun!

nano
10-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Nice buck, congrats!

horshur
10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll give you 10 bucks for the knife

steelheadSABO
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Five and thats my final offer :)

slicky72
10-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Way to go ! Nice buck, I didn't cut my tag on my trip .I might have to go again in November.

Jelvis
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Na hice buck you got there.
Jel .. Connie Grats

spear
10-31-2010, 07:21 PM
nice work, so he was bigger than you thought when you pulled the trigger? Gotta love that

steelheadSABO
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Yep... I know there is bigger bucks out there but it's my personal best (only second buck i've shot) so I'm a happy hunter

frenchbar
10-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Way to go jack..awesome bud ..send the key and knife in the mail:-D

frenchbar
10-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll give you 10 bucks for the knife

lol...i might need it this yr ...but the way things are going probably not:mrgreen:

horshur
10-31-2010, 08:10 PM
lol...i might need it this yr ...but the way things are going probably not:mrgreen:

it's too late...I bought it..hell of a deal..had to have it after you told me how good they were. Thanx!

frenchbar
10-31-2010, 08:15 PM
it's too late...I bought it..hell of a deal..had to have it after you told me how good they were. Thanx!
hahaha...its a wonder you have 5 bucks left ..been hockey season and all:wink:...seen a guy showing off a muley rack going by barrier today not a bad one either .and ya C.W. beat us again today:(