PDA

View Full Version : Rattling

LYKTOHUNT
10-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I want to try a little more rattling on a trip coming up Week of Nov 8, I have used antlers before but I wanted to try a rattle bag. I have seen somewhere on this site about someone using wood dowel in a bag but was not happy with the sound so they tried pieces of antler in some sort of bag, has any body tried this or have better suggestions. I dont want to pack the whole antlers around in the bush and thought the bag would be much easier to carry.any tips on rattling procedure , frequency etc

ruger#1
10-30-2010, 03:06 PM
For many years the Columbian Blacktail Deer has been considered a subspecies of the Mule deer, however recent DNA testing has proven this not to be the case. In Valerius Geist's informative book Mule Deer Country he explains that by testing the mitochondrial DNA (the mothers DNA ) of the three species (blacktail, whitetail and mule deer), researchers have now determined that it was the mating of Whitetail does and Blacktail buck's that gave rise to the Mule deer and not the opposite as was once suspected.

So I would rattle them like a whitetail. http://www.blacktailtrophytactics.com/