10-30-2010, 02:37 PM
$500-750 depending on where you go

lightmag
10-30-2010, 02:51 PM

x2.. two bears on the hart does great work, $500

whitetailsheds
10-30-2010, 04:27 PM
I'd recommend Wild Images.....he's starting a new "pick up, AND delivery when it's done" service.....ANYWHERE in BC......with a smile.....

The Dawg
10-30-2010, 04:31 PM
x2.. two bears on the hart does great work, $500

I've been waiting for my bear head mount for 15 months now. I was told last May that it would be done within weeks. Then they called 'me in September and asked for full payment before it was done, then said it woe be 2 more weeks. Called 'me beginning of October and said he was just starting it.

Needless to say I haven't got it back yet.

bruin
10-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Sounds about right. You get what you pay for

GoatGuy
10-30-2010, 04:59 PM
I've been waiting for my bear head mount for 15 months now. I was told last May that it would be done within weeks. Then they called 'me in September and asked for full payment before it was done, then said it woe be 2 more weeks. Called 'me beginning of October and said he was just starting it.

Needless to say I haven't got it back yet.

I'd be asking for $ and critter back.

Sounds like the beginning of a deal gone bad.

adamgarbett
10-30-2010, 05:15 PM
you get what u pay for just like a tattoo. i HIGHLY reccomend Harley White in west kelowna. about 800-1200 but worth every cent, and hes got the awards to back it up!

Wild Images
10-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I'd recommend Wild Images.....he's starting a new pick up, AND delivery when it's done service.....ANYWHERE in BC......with a smile.....

Now you owe me a beer :-D

pearljam
10-30-2010, 06:27 PM
and yet anouther for "taxidermy" still waiting ;)

lightmag
10-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd be asking for $ and critter back.

Sounds like the beginning of a deal gone bad.

the guy is as straight and honest as they get!! No worry's on getting it back!! he is SWAMPED!! due to his reputation and quality work he needs to hire someone to help him as he can't keep up.

That being said i know of of other swaiting up to 2 years to get a mount back from top notch people, so 15 months isn't that bad.

hang in there it will be worth it.

Sitkaspruce
10-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Get a hold of Marty Lorring at Majestic out in Giscome.

He does great work, is reasonable in his $$ and will give you a straight up answer on how long.....and he does not need full price before pick up.

He did my mulie a couple years back and it is awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/P6120013.jpg

Check him out.

Cheers

SS

CanuckShooter
10-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Marty has had my WT [see avatar] for three years now.....you might want to find someone who isn't so backed up in their work??

pitbell
10-31-2010, 09:07 AM
X 2 for Marty Loring at Majestic Taxidermy in PG. His turn around time is much better than before. He has a couple of guys working for him now. His work is superior to anything I've seen. DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON TAXIDERMY or you will be sorry.

The Dawg
10-31-2010, 08:53 PM
the guy is as straight and honest as they get!! No worry's on getting it back!! he is SWAMPED!! due to his reputation and quality work he needs to hire someone to help him as he can't keep up.

That being said i know of of other swaiting up to 2 years to get a mount back from top notch people, so 15 months isn't that bad.

hang in there it will be worth it.

I just wanted to clarify- I trust Rod completely, I have NO doubt I will get my mount back.

My issue is the timeline, and payment in full before completion.

I was told less than a year when I dropped it off. I kept in email contact and was told in May of this year that my mount was 'almost complete and will be ready shortly'.

I did not hear back until September of this year, when I contacted THEM and asked about it. I was then told that I had to pay in full before they would even START the mount due to the fact that they had been burned before by customers. I was a little confused by this, considering they had done work for me in the past, AND I had no issues with prompt payment.

I even tipped quite nicely at the end ;)

I went and paid for it, and then was told that they hadnt even ORDERED the form yet. I was told 6 weeks to completion at this time (beginning of September). How is it almost done in May, and the form wasnt ordered until September?

I was called by them about 2 weeks ago and told that he ordered the wrong form, and would have it to me shortly.

So my point is this.

Rod does INCREDIBLE work, I have NO worries about not getting my mount back AT ALL.

My issue is the timeline- going from being told less than a year, to pushing 14-15 months now is a little bit much.

If I was told at first it would have been this long, I would have been absolutely fine with it. I dont like being told its almost ready, and then saying its going to be quite a bit longer. And the full payment before completion kinda was a kick in the a$$ considering I have used them before with no issues.

Fullcurled4point
10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Id get ahold of dan vanzanten in cranbrook....guy is unreal and great prices!!!!