PDA

View Full Version : Hunting & Trapping Videos on youtube

adventuretrev
10-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Here is a link to one of my newest videos, not sure if you guys have seen them or not. Check 'em out on my channel youtube.com "adventuretrev"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWAXQUCv8qo
Long Distance Moose Kill. 1100 yard shot.

Gateholio
10-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Good shot, nice moose!:-D

r106
10-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I will be the first to say I don't like the distance you shot it but I will say that is a very impressive shot and to drop it on the spot! wow. Looks like a good time with the kid

What caliber did you use?
________
JUGALETTES (http://juggalos.org/)

cainer
10-30-2010, 02:20 PM
where do you practice shots that long? must take a while to put up your targets :)

leadpillproductions
10-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Good video what camera do you use .

Kalum
10-30-2010, 03:12 PM
1100yds? that's one helluva shot! Way out of my comfort zone but looks like well in yours- grats. Took a look at your muskwa-kechika video from last year as well. What's your boat?

crazy ducker
10-30-2010, 03:17 PM
all depends what calibur he is using. but nice shot and great moose

d6dan
10-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice shot Trev.Looks like your daughter was having fun. Congrats. Keep those vids a coming.:-D.

adventuretrev
10-30-2010, 03:54 PM
I will be the first to say I don't like the distance you shot it but I will say that is a very impressive shot and to drop it on the spot! wow. Looks like a good time with the kid

What caliber did you use?

300 Win. Mag McMillan Bros. MCRT

adventuretrev
10-30-2010, 03:55 PM
where do you practice shots that long? must take a while to put up your targets :)

Gravel Bars or rocks in the mountains....there is a lot of variables when shooting that distance, so I am never in a hurry when practicing...Trev

adventuretrev
10-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Good video what camera do you use .

Sony HDR FX7

adventuretrev
10-30-2010, 03:59 PM
1100yds? that's one helluva shot! Way out of my comfort zone but looks like well in yours- grats. Took a look at your muskwa-kechika video from last year as well. What's your boat?

Outlaw Marine 16' Lynx 175 Sportjet with a Tuchodi bottom.

whitetailsheds
10-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Pretty nice Trev......keep 'em coming!

kgs
10-30-2010, 05:25 PM
great shot you should consider posting some tips on long range shooting I am not interested in shooting game long distance but have been thinking targets

yea cool video also.

blacktailslayer
10-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Nice shot and no b.s. on the range either. That was around 2 seconds TOF!!! What bullet ya using???

proguide66
10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Those are cool family vids Trev !

BlacktailStalker
10-30-2010, 07:49 PM
I watched a bunch last year, keep 'em coming... "It's a beautiful thing" :lol:
Whats the wolf count goal this year !? :cool:

steelheadSABO
10-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Your videos rock I like your wolf trapping ones "it's a beautiful thing" ^^^ :)

mark
10-30-2010, 08:40 PM
awesome video, incredible shot!
Got to ask....Ive shot many dozens of big game animals, never seen one fall like that....Where did you hit it???
Looks like a hind quarter shot, but it never got up, and had blood around its mouth????
Also, how much do you compensate for 1100 meters????

Brambles
10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Got to ask....Ive shot many dozens of big game animals, never seen one fall like that....Where did you hit it???
Looks like a hind quarter shot, but it never got up, and had blood around its mouth????

Looked like a high shoulder shot to me, famous for getting those kind of drops.

Caveman
10-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Just watched several of the videos. Very Cool stuff!! They get better as you do more. Some wild shots made. I'm not a fan of the long shot, but when they are made on the first attempt I can't criticize because obviously you're not just throwing out a Hail Mary, there has been some serious practise at some point.

10-30-2010, 10:32 PM
That is a great video! It's nice to see that you take your little one with you.

JCVD
10-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Spine shot I believe. BTW you make your living trapping or is it supplementary?

Awesome vids btw watching them now =)

Maxx
10-30-2010, 10:48 PM
300 Win. Mag McMillan Bros. MCRT

great shot, what scope are you using?

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 08:12 AM
great shot you should consider posting some tips on long range shooting I am not interested in shooting game long distance but have been thinking targets

yea cool video also.

I am new to long range shooting. I have done a lot of research and practice but have a long way to go. Youtube is a great resource. "The Ultimate Sniper" Manual has a ton of great information. "Best of the West" has shooting tips on each of their episodes as well....good information...Trev

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Nice shot and no b.s. on the range either. That was around 2 seconds TOF!!! What bullet ya using???

No sense B.S.'n 180 grain nosler ballistic tips....cheap to shoot... decent ballistic coefficient .507....they fly nice....Trev

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 08:31 AM
I watched a bunch last year, keep 'em coming... "It's a beautiful thing" :lol:
Whats the wolf count goal this year !? :cool:

60 wolves....must raise the bar....it looks like we are going to have some more help this winter, the trapping fever is very contagious...Trev

steelheadSABO
10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Also that was a great shot dropped him on a dime

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 08:50 AM

In long distance shooting range estimation is KEY....I misjudged the range on that bull moose by 25 yards which equates to the bullet landing 36" higher than the point of aim. I aimed right at the heart and the bullet landed high and spined him. There was 0 wind for the shot, the left to right was perfect but the ranging error almost cost me a moose.

I don't have my chart or calculator with me but here is a close ballpark of the compensation @ 1100 yards

1100 yards = 143 clicks @ 1/4 M.O.A. = 35 3/4 M.O.A.

The bullet drops approximately 26' at that distance.

r106
10-31-2010, 08:57 AM
1100 yards = 143 clicks @ 1/4 M.O.A. = 35 3/4 M.O.A.

The bullet drops approximately 26' at that distance.

holly s**t 26 feet
________
GROWING MARIJUANA (http://growingmedicalmarijuana.org)

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Just watched several of the videos. Very Cool stuff!! They get better as you do more. Some wild shots made. I'm not a fan of the long shot, but when they are made on the first attempt I can't criticize because obviously you're not just throwing out a Hail Mary, there has been some serious practise at some point.

Thanks for the kind words. In the name of full disclosure I have a few points to make.

1) The video editor shows you what he wants you to see.
2) I don't claim to hit every time, there are a lot of variables and the only way to gain experience in the field is to show up and learn from your mistakes.
3) Agreed. I don't send Hail Mary's, it took 10 minutes to finally get a shot after...ranging...checking wind...calculations...counting points...and then when I missed due to the ranging error making an adjustment and then finally anchoring him.
4) My home videos show the big picture, my youtube versions show the condensed version as they are seen by people from every walk of life...including people who would like to see hunting stopped completely.

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Spine shot I believe. BTW you make your living trapping or is it supplementary?

Awesome vids btw watching them now =)

Every year that I trap my net worth decreases. I do it because I love the outdoors, skidooing and drinking whiskey at the cabin...Trev

adventuretrev
10-31-2010, 09:20 AM
great shot, what scope are you using?

Leupold Mark 4 4.5 -14 x 50 with Mil Dot reticle.

Caveman
10-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words. In the name of full disclosure I have a few points to make.

1) The video editor shows you what he wants you to see. I guess that is very true

2) I don't claim to hit every time, there are a lot of variables and the only way to gain experience in the field is to show up and learn from your mistakes. As long as the hours are put in and God forbid, a wounded animal doesn't wonder off to die

3) Agreed. I don't send Hail Mary's, it took 10 minutes to finally get a shot after...ranging...checking wind...calculations...counting points...and then when I missed due to the ranging error making an adjustment and then finally anchoring him. Good, sound ethics

4) My home videos show the big picture, my youtube versions show the condensed version as they are seen by people from every walk of life...including people who would like to see hunting stopped completely. I'm sure the home version is not for all to see on YouTube, because not all would understand and begin to critisize

All in All Trevor it appears you take this seriously with the ethics to take your quarry cleanly with the respect they deserve. Great to see the little guys along as well.

GRIZZEZE
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!!!
Nice shot

d6dan
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Every year that I trap my net worth decreases. I do it because I love the outdoors, skidooing and drinking whiskey at the cabin...Trev

Well, whatever you do Trev, keep us up to date man. I like whiskey too:wink:.