PDA

View Full Version : Couple shoots...

lorneparker1
10-30-2010, 01:37 PM
On wednesday night after work We headed to a field with hopes of running a few traffic ducks on there way back from the feed field to the roost. We managed 5 widge and 2 lards. Wasnt too shabby for a quick 1.5 hours fo shooting after work. Sorry for the crap pics. Dark ,and shitty cam on my phone.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/LorneP/Oct272010.jpg

This morning had us up early to set up for honkers. Left the mojo's in the truck. If we had some ducks come in well great, but that wasn't the goal. Another nice fella whom has permission was in the field yesterday, so we wanted to be up early and setup. We were pretty much gtg with 30mins left and the other group came in and set up about 125 yards up wind of us....

We completely adjusted our spread as to not shoot towards them. We knew we had our work cut out with them being so close and down wind but figured we had a decent spread, flag, good calling. We should be able to manage a few. Anyhow we didnt get much shooting for the first litte bit as all the ducks short stopped us. Which i figured was going to happen as we had no robo's out. We had a few single ducks come in and they went down. The honkers took there sweet ass time getting off the roost, and when they did, it was flock after flock dumping right in the kill hole, and we had our 10 geese. All geese were shot inside 25 yards, Most just about to touchdown. Had a snow within 40 yards today (on 303's side:mrgreen:) that lived, and a very very lightly tanned honker that would have been sweet, but couldnt get him into range. All in all a great day. 10 honkers, and 5 ducks. Hauling all our gear and 15 birds about a mile on foot, just about killed us both. but was worth it.
P.S. still LOTS of specks around, landed another group today.:confused:

After Crazy farmer put the thread up using the SxS I decided to bring out the O&U for today :) Love that puppy!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/LorneP/Oct302010.jpg

Crazy_Farmer
10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Thats a lot of meat there Lorne!!. Beauty O/U Citori? 3rd gun I ever bought, I saved up and bought a Citori satin hunter, one of only a few o/u's that can shoot 3 1/2" if you feel like it.

Good to see you dummying the honkers, havent seen a flock of them in a full week.

nano
10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Nice shooting!

lorneparker1
10-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Thats a lot of meat there Lorne!!. Beauty O/U Citori? 3rd gun I ever bought, I saved up and bought a Citori satin hunter, one of only a few o/u's that can shoot 3 1/2" if you feel like it.

Good to see you dummying the honkers, havent seen a flock of them in a full week.

Is there any other kind?:wink: I saw my first one an anniversary addition at Cabelas when i was about 13. And ever since then i said I was going to own one. Found a great deal on it and the matching 20ga about 5 years ago.

303Brit
10-31-2010, 08:06 PM
YA it was a good day, I wish we coulda got that snow to come in a lil closer but it was poke at 40 or not at all. Damm snows, I get one, eventually....
That aside we dummied them geese, it was awesome!!!!!! with a large majority of the birds J hooking into our spread and lockin up :D

Fun FUN!!!!!

P.S haulling the gear sucked!!!!!!!!1