PDA

View Full Version : Damn. My card reader isn't working.

Qwa-honn
10-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Was on my way home from Abby today and on the side of the abby mission highway was about six or seven hundred cacklers which was pretty kewl to see but among them was nine snows! don't see them that often up this way took a few shots with my camera, Will try to figure out a way to load them up.:-D

Crazy_Farmer
10-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Matt phoned me this morning becuase he was watching them, told me about the snows, and that was only half the number of geese that landed there, the other half kept going elsewhere...

There is a study done by Washington game deparment that put satallite packs on a bunch of lessers and tavs and this past week 2 were back in chilliwack and one was in boundary bay on the canadian side. All these birds should end up back in eastern Wa where they were captured. There's a TON of lessers and tavs in the valley and the cacklers will be shortly behind them and a few already here.

primmer
10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Was hunting in deroche today and the mallards were comming in droves filled with corn as well.We seen 3 swans, but not many geese,never seen any snows out our way

Ian F.
10-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Me too, guess I don't need to send Adam an email now....

10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
was out hunting today. no luck with the snows because they weren't landing any where, but I did get to see a flock of 10 sandhill's and a mixed group of specs, cacklers and canadas. some of those cacklers are no bigger than a large mallard. I think I may put a move on them tomorrow.(the canadas and there midget cousins.) no fowl down today, but I was able to get my limit of pheasants. I think I have to go buy a camera tomorrow. there sure are a lot of cool looking birds around this year. and last month my waterproof camera decided not to be waterproof.

mattchu_19
10-29-2010, 05:56 AM
I have been watching the show every morning from work. Like clockwork flock after flock of lessers come out of the roost and join up over top of this field right off the highway. Then they do what little geese do they circle it about 20 times then some land and some fly off into completely different directions. Saw the snows yesterday, good old BC regs show that the snows are legal where they sit but if they were on the other side of the river they are a no-no. Does anyone know if our regs for waterfowl are writen up by a bunch of blind, def, mutes that just go with whatever?

sneg
10-29-2010, 09:23 AM
seems good year to me.birds are around.it is just one day better or worse than another. last week barely made our limits of ducks by mid-day and got couple snows each. than when we about to leave(family commitments) it all started.snows and ducks falling into decoys like crazy. I guess it is just pleasure of being there .