PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Not Rutting..

hunter1947
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I have been pounding ground and looking for bucks and does I have only seen about 6 deer in 5 days scouting ,I saw only one little spike buck this week the deer are not moving right now.

Next week I will see what happens ,its going to be interesting to see when all hell breaks loose.

Looking forward to seeing when the rut starts in the next two weeks and when it does I will implement it in my documents so I know when the rut starts next year :-D.

rocksteady
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
The whiteys might not be rutting, but you been out in the bush for almost 2 months now...Your neck has got to be swelling a bit:wink::wink:

I will call the "Sammy" and tell them to warn all the "talent" that you are back in town...:twisted:

hunter1947
10-28-2010, 04:54 PM
The whiteys might not be rutting, but you been out in the bush for almost 2 months now...Your neck has got to be swelling a bit:wink::wink:

I will call the "Sammy" and tell them to warn all the "talent" that you are back in town...:twisted:

Mike LOL ,I am getting to old to rut anymore http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif..

rocksteady
10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Old Bull.......Young Bull You know that story :wink:

knockturnal
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
mulies around here are givin it pretty hard already. coming into grunting and rattling

luckynuts
10-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm curious to know how warm it is down there? Maybe they are rutting through the night?

W.

10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I have been pounding ground and looking for bucks and does I have only seen about 6 deer in 5 days scouting ,I saw only one little spike buck this week the deer are not moving right now.

Next week I will see what happens ,its going to be interesting to see when all hell breaks loose.

Looking forward to seeing when the rut starts in the next two weeks and when it does I will implement it in my documents so I know when the rut starts next year :-D.

Yup, it's a little too early according to my past experiences. Pre-rut activity should be starting soon, full rut in mid to late November.

eastkoot
10-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Muleys have started by evidence of the wifes lilac bush, she's not happy with a particular 4x4!!

Wrayzer
10-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I rattled in and dropped a big 3x2 Monday, swollen neck and stank, yet my buddy shot a smaller buck in the relatively same area that didn't show any signs of the rut. Give it another week or so and all the Muleys will be in full swing.

5 spike
10-28-2010, 06:17 PM
good luck wayne cant wait to see the pics and hear the storey.

sawmill
10-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Mulies are first here,whities are mid -late Nov.Just about when the rifle season ends.:icon_frow

upcomer
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Me and a buddy are hunting in the merrit/kamloops area right now. Have only seen one doe! Grunting and estrus bleats all day and not one deer coming in to check it out! Any suggestions or is it just not the right time of season in reg 3!?

shed-hunter1
10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
the little guys are hanging around the does in clinton the big ones are just staring to move in seen 15 bucks last two weeks no big ones thou

gon_fishn
10-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Still quiet in the south Cariboo ,the deer are laying low .I was out again in the early am ,and the usual few does,seen them all in thick timber, one small 2 point ,he looked lost,1 small rub,nothing what it will be like in a few weeks.

GoatGuy
10-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Watched a couple of 4-5 Pt whiteys chasing does this week. Muleys have been chasing does since last week.

one-shot-wonder
10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
My dad shot a muley yesterday that was swollen and stinky....no does with him, hanging out by himself......not peak rut ......but early/pre rut yes!

mark
10-28-2010, 08:00 PM
My dad shot a muley yesterday that was swollen and stinky....no does with him, hanging out by himself......not peak rut ......but early/pre rut yes!

Agreed, all the bucks ive been seeing have swollen necks, but running solo!

Everett
10-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Wifes muley tonight was rutting following a doe nose up her ass.
Whiey are still in bachelor groups from my observations. Rut hear is just about the end of Nov. for whiteys muleys seem to peak about Nov. 11

hunter1947
10-29-2010, 01:55 AM
I will be putting up my trail cams in the baiting stations will be interesting to see.

Yes the mule deer have been going hard at it my partner shot a mule deer back two weeks ago and this deer was real stinky and neck swollen up.

Its the WT bucks I I'm interested in when the real rut starts in the area I hunt ,really looking forward to some filming with the video camera in the next month :-D :-D..

bridger
10-29-2010, 07:40 AM
whitetails starting pre rut in the peace the last couple of days. saw four fresh scrapes and two rubs yesterday.

bforce750
10-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Went out last night,saw seven little mulie bucks chasing the does. There was about 30 whitie does but no bucks with them, it might be a week or two early for the whities.

ratherbefishin
10-29-2010, 08:35 AM
its funny-blacktails are a subspecies of Mule deer,but they rut earlier,at least on the Island.I know the moose are in full rut up on the Yukon border a couple of weeks before they are in PG.
Theres all kinds of theories about weather,cold etc-but I read its nothing to do with the weather,although colder weather seems to get them moving more-its a function of daylight,depending on species.

Ddog
10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
here in the Koots its full rut for the whities in late Nov, last 5 years in a row its been peak then, lots of bucks on does them, third week and second week are also in pre-rut and early rut.

BlacktailStalker
10-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I see lots of "rut" threads popping up.
I think a lot of guys dont actually understand the rut.
Regardless, its always a good time to be out there and dont worry about it ever being over because even then, the later the better.

greybark
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM
[quote=ratherbefishin;775517]its funny-blacktails are a subspecies of Mule deer,

:-DI belive that DNA has shown that Mule Deer are a sub-species of Blacktail and Whitetail crossings thousands of years ago.
Cheers

urbanhermit
10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
[quote=ratherbefishin;775517]its funny-blacktails are a subspecies of Mule deer,

:-DI belive that DNA has shown that Mule Deer are a sub-species of Blacktail and Whitetail crossings thousands of years ago.
Cheers
so true, it is funny that you would end up with a "larger" subspecies. they are a facinating critter to study and eat.:-D

hunter1947
10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
here in the Koots its full rut for the whities in late Nov, last 5 years in a row its been peak then, lots of bucks on does them, third week and second week are also in pre-rut and early rut.

So thats why I have not seen much activity in the last week :roll:..

rocksteady
10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKpg6hMJDcA&feature=related

here is how you do it.....start watching at 2:00

hunter1947
10-29-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKpg6hMJDcA&feature=related

here is how you do it.....start watching at 2:00

Mike thats to funny I needed a good laugh thanks for sharing LOL :lol:.

BigMoosey
10-29-2010, 05:36 PM
In the Cariboo last year the rut was still going in the last week of Nov.

OutWest
10-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I see lots of "rut" threads popping up.
I think a lot of guys dont actually understand the rut.
Regardless, its always a good time to be out there and dont worry about it ever being over because even then, the later the better.

Agreed...One of the most famous quotes from guys is, "It wasn't really cold enough so the rut never got going!".

The rut occurs at the same time each year regardless of weather.

Jelvis
10-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I guess if the deer aren't rutting then no fawns next year eh?
Jel 210 day gestation across the nation. that's 7 months brah.
ah november, dec, jan, feb, march, april, may. 210 days ...... that's from the beginning of nov.