PDA

View Full Version : moose hunting advice

speedbird
05-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has hunted in the Baldy Hughes area. Is there alot of active logging in the area.

Thank you,Jamie

moose hunter
05-21-2006, 11:53 PM
i live 5 minutes from it there is always active logging but so much area, you gota watch out for the logging trucks on weekdays as there is alot a cb radio would be good, tons of game but also tons of hunters wouldnt recogmend the area unless you are a damn good hunter and know it like i do.

ape
05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
It is a great area to hunt many many moose and deer as well as elk in the area if you know were to look. You could even stay at moose springs resort if you like and hunt right from there.

moose hunter
05-22-2006, 01:12 PM
ive seen a huge elk out there very hard to find and the deer are very very skiddish and the moose all get killed first week of the season

Schmaus
05-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I hunt out the blackwater every once in a while but most of the time there are too many people.

ryanhuntslots
05-22-2006, 08:04 PM
I think that most of us locals leave that area to the out of towners, lots of game on opening day, then just lots of other hunters

PGKris
05-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Meh. I'm indifferent. Too many people hutn the blackwater. The baldy area is over-used but there are some better spots in that general area that I've never seen a boot track in. Most guys won't get their lazy arses outta the truck to walk into the good spots. I only go that way if I'm making an evening of it after class or something. Close to town, good moose and deer populations. I'm indifferent. You could get lucky
Kris

ruger#1
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
ive hunted the huges and have seen elk lots of deer and lots of moose tracks, lots of grouse to, it is a nice area to hunt.