PDA

View Full Version : Bulls are grouping up

lightmag
10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
went for a drive with the kids tonight hoping to find a mule buck to shoot with the kids, instead we found not 1, not 2, but 3 big mature beautiful bulls in one cut! ruts over, lol.. what a year, every time i go out whether in the truck, quad, walking, calling, i see moose, never had a year like this, nice to see game often as that's half the reason we are out there, to enjoy the wildlife and outdoors!!

Even better to see when with the kids! 3 of the 4 times i've taken them out we have seen moose, and you think us hunters are excited to see moose? 3 year olds and 7 year olds are waaay more pumped, lol..

BCrams
10-27-2010, 08:12 PM
There's a couple places down the Gregg Creek FSR where they group up!! One year we checked our favorite block and there were 13 bulls of all sizes!! Cool getting your kids out!!

moosinaround
10-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I have seen that down the TFL rd at 20 on the blackwater, in behind Punchaw lake too. Along the Mcgregor river down the Bend FRS we seen a group of huge bulls, I donot know how a couple of them made it through hunting season. Binta/Anzus Lake on the N Binta we snowmobiled in to timber cruise and lost count at over 20 moose!! Some nice bulls there too! Back end of the Table FSR had a group of very large bulls in late Nov when we were flying over in the chopper. They were all in the thicker alders and willow flats, and were not scared of us at all. Almost like they knew hunting season was over!!