PDA

View Full Version : hunting in hope,b.c

bchunter181
10-27-2010, 03:16 PM
i have some time to go hunting for deer this coming week and i was wondering if there is any good hunting spots around hope area.Dont wanna go to much farther then that i dont want to steal hotspots just some good areas to set me up for success.I have been hunting with my dad and grandpa for 5-6 years and i have never got anything been skunked so far i know living in b.c how could i get skunked well, i really love hunting but my dad and grandpa were truck hunters.Now i got my pal and want to go with a friend and we need a spot please help. Maybe even a spot to camp out there too?

swampdonkey
10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
head up a bit further on the coq

aliagha
10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
head out to skagit, but i would advice you to add an hour to your trip and go up north to boston bar or head east to princeton much better chances at game.

bchunter181
10-27-2010, 04:06 PM
ya i wa thinking that too cause we usually hunt in 100 mile area but any buck is open in region 2 till dec 15 as in region 3 its only till oct 31 i might not get out by then so i thought my luck would be better with any buck rather than looking for a 4 point?

slowkey
10-27-2010, 06:20 PM
go up to the Coquihalla lakes exit (half hour past Hope) and start exploring

bchunter181
10-28-2010, 02:12 AM
K thanks is it region 2 there still

Dually
10-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Hey Guy's I know your looking to hunt somewhere that is any buck but by doing so you may be setting yourself up to hunt somwhere thats not all that great of a hunting spot and could be limiting your chances of getting a deer more than if your go into a regoin with lot's of deer and look for a four point. You may not have had much luck road hunting but if you get your self into a good area (which I believe you have already hunted in) and get out and put the effort in, you may just find yourself with a downed four point. They are not that uncommon to find!!

Good luck

xtremearchery
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey Guy's I know your looking to hunt somewhere that is any buck but by doing so you may be setting yourself up to hunt somwhere thats not all that great of a hunting spot and could be limiting your chances of getting a deer more than if your go into a regoin with lot's of deer and look for a four point. You may not have had much luck road hunting but if you get your self into a good area (which I believe you have already hunted in) and get out and put the effort in, you may just find yourself with a downed four point. They are not that uncommon to find!!

Good luck
Agree times two. Lower Mainland hunting can be extremely hard. Good blacktail bucks don't come easy. Actually one of the hardest I believe to be successful on. The best time to hunt the Hope area is in the late season. End of Nov till the 15 of Dec. Also u have 2 really watch the weather. When hunting blacktails u have to be prepared to get wet and cold. For some reason the uglier the day the more productive it can be for B/T's in the Hope area. Try Skagitt Valley. But be prepared to walk. 400 meter rule in effect on that FSR once you hit the park boundry (about 34 km) Hope your season works out.

slowkey
10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
If you go to the coquihalla lakes exit you can be in region 2,3 or 8 depending which way you travel. Just watch out for logging trucks if you go down the tullameen fsr

fishhardon
10-28-2010, 11:14 AM
drove up american creek fsr yesterday morning, there is not much road that we found; but, if you want to hike there are tones of cut blocks that are just below the snow line. In the bush there is a tonnne of sign. good luck>

emery creek park road looks good too.
ruby creek.
dewdney mountain.
deroche mountain>

just to name a few.

check out google earth and cross reference with backroads mapbook and of course the regs.

good luck

ruger#1
10-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Just past Spuzzum is Anderson river. Take the Cattermole main road all the way in until you hit a t intersection. Left will take you into 3-14 and right will take you into 2-17. I have seen lots of deer and a few moose in that area in the eighties. Not to sure of what the road maybe like now. Or if it is even gated. Take a fishing rod with you. Some good fishing in the creeks.

jerad
10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
head out to skagit, but i would advice you to add an hour to your trip and go up north to boston bar or head east to princeton much better chances at game.

with respect, avaoid skagit we saw 40-50 other hunters truck in 8 hours +paintballers and 1 lady who when asked if she had seen animals swor at us and told us she hoped we never saw them..... once was enough

Jelvis
10-28-2010, 07:38 PM
MU 3-13
Merritt Southeast ..
Generally poor deer hunting in this logged over country, reached mainly from Coldstream road. The whole area is accessible and heavily hunted.
A fair elk herd ranges behind Lytton (see leh reg's)
A good road runs from Hwy 1 at the Thompson railway underpass (east of Lytton) up through rolling highlands behind Lytton, and a few km from east of Boston Bar..3-14
Jelly Bean reg 3-13 ..Merritt Southwest .. Beauty Area ..

bchunter181
10-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks guys wow lots of suggestions I go some directions from so
Done on here by hope I am goin to try then I will move on if I see nothing is now a good time to rattle in I have a blind and was think of to ding a cut block sit there for a day good or bad idea?

MattB
10-29-2010, 06:43 AM
A fair elk herd ranges behind Lytton (see leh reg's)

More useless information. When was the last time you looked in the LEH regs?

Jelvis
10-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Reading and studying LEH Regulations is never a useless thing, LEH is here to stay and the elk in by Lytton a mile down the R/R Track is where those huge bulls are seen by the crews crossing the track.
One bull is huge seven point and a successor big but younger 6 on the way up and ready to challenge for the twenty cows .. It's Mid Night Blue ..
LEH might hit this mu in the future for the new hunters coming up.
Jel ( Always study your BC Hunting and Trapping Reg's and the LEH reg's as well)

bchunter181
10-30-2010, 10:21 PM
k i might go up to the coquihalla lakes tried up by dewdney road this weekend and the skagit valley took a 2 day trip in the bush and saw nothing! no signs of rubs nothing.

bchunter181
10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
head up a bit further on the coq

how much farther up the coq?

Steeleco
10-31-2010, 09:12 AM
If your going today, it's already too late!! :wink: But once you get to the lakes, the exits north of there is the beginning of your adventure. I've been hunting up there 10 years and still have things to learn. Start in one spot and hunt it till you know it. DON'T go up there without maps and a GPS if you have one.
It will make for an easier learning curve.

bchunter181
10-31-2010, 09:20 AM
If your going today, it's already too late!! :wink: But once you get to the lakes, the exits north of there is the beginning of your adventure. I've been hunting up there 10 years and still have things to learn. Start in one spot and hunt it till you know it. DON'T go up there without maps and a GPS if you have one.
It will make for an easier learning curve.

no i am looking for a novemebr hunting trip i google maped it and looks like there is lots of oads and tons on cut blocks and meadows everywhere does that sound right?

Steeleco
10-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Word to the wise!! If you planning for a Nov hunt. Be mindfull that if the weather guru's on the tube are right, the snows are going to be like non before. Myself and my buddy have doe draws for 3-13 (Nov 1-30) and are worried that access to the areas we like maybe restricted. Search out some lower altitude options in case the hills are off limits!!

bchunter181
10-31-2010, 09:57 AM
okay will do i am not set on any areas i just have weekends off andhave nver got a deer before looking to find spots with high % of deer and hunt i am determined to get something this year.

ruger#1
10-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Word to the wise!! If you planning for a Nov hunt. Be mindfull that if the weather guru's on the tube are right, the snows are going to be like non before. Myself and my buddy have doe draws for 3-13 (Nov 1-30) and are worried that access to the areas we like maybe restricted. Search out some lower altitude options in case the hills are off limits!!I hope not. I am headed to 3-30 for four points Nov 6 for a week, And I am in a tent.

bchunter181
10-31-2010, 10:35 AM
i hunted 3-30 for 2 years and saw nothing is the hunting good up there maybe is was cause we were truck hunting but that was our spot to hunt every year then moved on cause we saw no bucks saw lots up there when we scouted during the off season but when season started didnt see anything.

ruger#1
10-31-2010, 10:49 AM
The deer will and are migrating in this area. And you are better off hunting on foot. And examine the deer crap you seen, Green crap they are feeding on alfalfa, Black crap they are feeding on the liken from the trees. So by this you should know which area to hunt. Green above the feilds, Black around the cut blocks or wind fall. I have taken a lot of four points this way.

bchunter181
10-31-2010, 12:48 PM
cool thanks man.

pnbrock
10-31-2010, 12:54 PM
tent or wall tent ?you maybe the next survivor man.

ruger#1
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Looks like i will sleep in the truck canopy.

Sangstercraft
10-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Looks like i will sleep in the truck canopy.
Me too, Ruger. The other weekend when I woke up, I went to take a sip of water from my water bottle (sitting next to me in the canopy) and found it frozen SOLID!

hillclimber
11-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I hope not. I am headed to 3-30 for four points Nov 6 for a week, And I am in a tent.

maybe i'll see ya around. will be up there rememberance day weekend. going for whitetails and my doe draw in 5-1

bchunter181
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
i am going to be hunting in region 5 for the remebrence day long weekend i saw a huge six point up there last year dont know if it was shot bt going to go try and find him but i am not picky any 4 poit will do at that time in mid novemeber what is the best was to hunt cut blocks and meadows or just waking down trials?or any other way?