PDA

View Full Version : Boston bar any good?

Yotapup
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Planning on heading up to Boston bar for a couple days. Lookin for mulies, black tail and black bear. Any good for this?

Don't need any honey holes, but maybe a direction to start walking in.

Thanks in advance.

-Pup

dog812
10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
we did mulie / black bear trip for a weekend up there about a month ago.. we didnt see anything. Signs all over of black bear but couldnt find the right spots .. good luck.

natebavis
10-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Saw a moose in a swamp and some blue grouse yesterday, no deer though. Lots of sign of everything so they are there but steep country. Oh and snow was sticking high up so hope it starts pushing animals around soon.

packrat
10-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Just got back from up above the end of Nahatlatch (about 1 hour in)
Not much to see.

aliagha
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
its a good area for B bears.

NorthShoreX
10-28-2010, 04:30 PM
There is a road that goes from the REO rafting camp (North of North Bend on the Nahatlatch FSR about 15km once it turns to gravel) to the Lytton ferry. It's not that well traveled and I have seen Black Bears up there almost every time I go on it. The road is the first right past the REO camp sign, about 100 meters.

sneg
10-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I do like road leading from Harrison east to Boston bar (kookipi FSR). Lot s of deer and black bear.watch for dirt bikers.

Stresd
10-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Spent many a night in the Charles when hunting the Anderson river.:wink:

jerad
10-28-2010, 06:34 PM
stay out of natlahatch... all i will say

Jelvis
10-28-2010, 07:08 PM
MU 3-15
North Bend Backroad - Lytton
Got a four wheel drive to go up one way or a two wheel the other way.
Twin Bridges at the Cisco steep hill just above em, you like a Ferry ride lol?
12km into Indian Land road climbs up along open ridges. You like hiking this access to fair mule deer and grouse on higher ridges.
The Special K ( Kwoiek River road ) runs back for tuff guys into ruff terrain but hey the hunting is worth the energy.
The old Nahatlatch Main runs back 50km: good black bear with mixed coastal and mule deer: you better be tuff or STUPID!
Jel .. Up the Nahatlach .. MU 3-15 .. Be tuff n stupid .. RAMBO lol .........

Yotapup
10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
stay out of natlahatch... all i will say

Why, is that where your going to be? ;)

MU 3-15
North Bend Backroad - Lytton
Got a four wheel drive to go up one way or a two wheel the other way.
Twin Bridges at the Cisco steep hill just above em, you like a Ferry ride lol?
12km into Indian Land road climbs up along open ridges. You like hiking this access to fair mule deer and grouse on higher ridges.
The Special K ( Kwoiek River road ) runs back for tuff guys into ruff terrain but hey the hunting is worth the energy.
The old Nahatlatch Main runs back 50km: good black bear with mixed coastal and mule deer: you better be tuff or STUPID!
Jel .. Up the Nahatlach .. MU 3-15 .. Be tuff n stupid .. RAMBO lol .........

Lol, oh Jelly, I always enjoy reading your posts. Always full of good information with a personality.

Thank you everyone for the info, I'll be taking it all into consideration and relaying them with my hunting party. Keep it coming!

-Pup

mijinkal
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
I used the Boston Bar area for my weekend and day trips for a few years and myself or somebody with me always got something in the season.
We've seen a few moose, lots of blackies and a fair share of deer.
You won't see too many bucks up there so shoot em when you see em! You'll see lots of sign of em on the side of the road so stick to the areas where you see the fresh prints. The hunting's tough, but they're out there!
Go East once you pass Boston Bar and take a drive up a logging road.

gamer
10-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I took the road from Boston Bar to the Coq(Murray Lake) yesterday and not much going on except logging and burning all the slash piles. I did not have time to get out and hike. Thick forests around there.