PDA

View Full Version : teething dog

fuzzy
10-26-2010, 07:15 PM
holy crap my dog is going nuts. He has been awesome about the rest of his teeth but his lower k-9s are coming in and he hasnt lost his babies yet but they are loose. Is there anything i can do to help him(or me to sleep tonite). has anyone tried anbersol? also should i give it a shot pulling his teeth myself or could this just complicate things?

thanks for any input

fuzzy

fozzy
10-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Try giving him ice cubes to chew on. It's worked for our dogs. I don't know about meds but don't see why not.

Lots'oLabs
10-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Give him a Kong with some peanut butter in it. It has worked well with all our dogs.
When I have a puppy I always keep a Kong with peanut butter in it in the fridge.
It's a great diversion when they are being fussy,bad or you need to take their mind off teething.

fuzzy
10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
thanks for tips guys
I was goin to try the kong trick but i couldnt find it in the yard. i found that his 2 lower k-9s were really loose to the touch so i just pulled em with some pliers and he has chilled right out. He is a tough dog pain wise but i think it was getting really annoying for him and that is what was making him so whiney.

fuzzy

Doe
10-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Our fur babies have been chewers from the get go, not sure that it has anything to to do with teething, but I go to the meat dept at the save-on foods and for about 6$ I get a bag of 12 or so soup bones.
Basically the cows leg, cut into 3 inch sections, and they absolutely love them. I keep them frozen, and they are in heaven for a couple hours. They have to chew out the frozen marrow, but it is thick durable bone, so it takes them a while, and keeps them very busy, and soothes their gums.

stitch
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I have been taking face clothes and wetting them and then wring them out and put them in the freezer. When he is in pain I just throw him one and it sems to help a bit.