PDA

View Full Version : shot and left...

barry1974w
10-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I haven't been able to get out as much as I like to this year and most of my hunting has been pretty close to home. But I seem to be finding a lot of dead animals laying around. So far two moose and a deer, one of the moose and the deer were within 40 yards of the road, laying in the open. The other moose was a cow on private property. I couldn't tell for sure if either moose had been shot, but the cow only had birds feeding on her although by the smell she'd been there for several days, the other moose had been almost totally consumed by the time I saw it. The deer was a little mulie fawn with a bunch of ravens and a coyote eating it when I got there. The critters had been eating the eyes, the ass and lower abdomen and through the sternum, I'm assuming the hole in the sternum was started by a bullet, as otherwise it's pretty tough access. I'm just wondering if anybody else seems to be finding a lot of animals this year? Or is it just me getting disgusted by the carelessness and waste?

MB_Boy
10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
That sucks if they were shot and left......but being that close to the road and without being to absolutely determine if they were shot, they could also have been hit by a vehicle? Just a thought?

barry1974w
10-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Road is a fairly gererous description. Clear cut roads in both cases, nothing you can't drive in 2wd, but unlikely to be going very fast. The cow on private property was only half a mile from chief lake road, but she didn't have any broken legs and no other obvious trauma, although I can't say for sure.

steel_ram
10-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Maybe someone took a hasty shot and "missed" them.

Moose72
10-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Found a cow moose 10 yds off the side of road in plain view out near hammer lake. Immature season and someone that didn't look.

swampdonkey
10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
my dad found a 3x3 bull moose in the glimpse lake area last week