PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Doe Question

bigbadjoel
10-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey guys,

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but now I am questioning myself. I am having an argument with a guy I know.
He is telling me I can only get 1 Whitetail doe. The way I understand it, is that you can get 3 deer in the Province. As long as you don't go over the Regional bag limit, you are okay.

So for example, I already got a WT doe in Region 8. So potentially, I could get a doe in Region 3 and Region 4 as well. As long as I didn't get another deer. This is correct, is it not?

This guy says that you can only get 1 doe this season, even if I went to another region to get one.

I am pretty sure I am correct, and I have not read anything like this in the regs. He is just making me question myself and I wanna clarify this as I may go looking for a doe in region 3 before the end of the month.

Thanks

GoatGuy
10-25-2010, 09:22 PM
You are correct.

Tell your buddy to read the provincial then regional bag limits. The provincial bag limit does not stipulate which species you may shoot only that you may not shoot more than 3 and that you must follow regional bag limits.

GrizGuy92
10-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I know you can get 3 deer province wide. I don't think the fact that you already shot a doe in region 8 should matter to shoot a doe in region 4.. aslong as you have the tags to do so.. but hey, if your not sure call a co or somethin! lol

islandboy
10-26-2010, 05:31 AM
3*(see Deer Licences section) - page 16

A person must not possess more than 15 of any current year deer licences. The combination of deer licences may include a maximum of 3 mule deer and 3 white-tailed deer licences. - page 8

No mention of doe vs. buck except WHEN or WHERE you can hunt them in the different regions.