PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Hunt This Past Weekend

Texan-Canuck30-06
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Went hunting out by Princeton this past weekend, saw a good dozen of mule doe and a cow moose but no bucks. Anyone having any luck around there???

betteroffishing
10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
just spent a week well wasted, er spent up that way and saw a couple bucks one member of our party actually had an opportunity to poke one of em but i promissed him i wouldnt talk about how someone so experienced in the craft could miss such a close in shot, and im a man of my word. they are there , just need some snow to drive them outta the bush.

Gunner Staal
10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Ive hunted 3-12 area and near Merrit for the past two weeks and havnt seen a single buck. Ive hiked, sat, quad, truck, crawled, climbed and begged. Super slow.

Texan-Canuck30-06
10-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I guess the rumors ive been hearing about that its just not cold enough yet are true....

dutchie
10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
I guess the rumors ive been hearing about that its just not cold enough yet are true....

your name isn't James is it! if it is PM me.

Dutchie

Steeleco
10-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Ive hunted 3-12 area and near Merrit for the past two weeks and havnt seen a single buck. Ive hiked, sat, quad, truck, crawled, climbed and begged. Super slow.

I did the same last week in around Peterhope. Saw less deer in 5 days than I've seen in a good morning the 3 years previous.

The heat and the coming full moon didn't help. That and the opening day for immies was a gong show, nice and cold the animals were out and about and dropping like flies. Then it warmed up and they disappeared???

ufishifish2
10-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Jeez, you guys have been having terrible luck. Until I read this thread, I was figuring that some sort of short little pre-rut had started. Saw 5 or 6 groups consisting of atleast 7 or 8 bucks in a 1 hour hunt on Sunday evening. It was awesome. Guess I was just lucky!

lineofsight
10-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Similar situation in Christian Valley last week - over 5 day period saw doe muleys (no LEH...), and 5 white tails too close to road and before legal light... Sat, walked, sat, drove, did the hokey pokey...

Camp Cook
10-26-2010, 03:03 AM
My son and I shot 2 bucks within 10 seconds of each other Oct 4 and I haven't seen another since then...

snowhunter
10-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Every hunting season, this same, repetitious, gruelling and gruesome fact is reported in these fine pages by otherwise reputable hunters:

THERE ARE NO BUCKS IN PRINCETON,

and I have also learned from reliable sources, that in order to keep up the doe population in around Princeton, the local veterinarian, with funding from the Federal Government, has been busy giving artificial insemination to doe's in heat.

When does all these hunters learn to go somewhere else, and not hunt Princeton, because there are no bucks there ?

There has, between the highest levels of Provincial Government's Wildlife officials and City of Princeton, been some talks of transplanting bucks to Princeton, not only in order to save the tax payers from the high cost of artifical inseminations of doe's in Princeton, but as well as help out hunters who comes the town of Princeton to fill their tags, because the town of Princeton need this yearly influx and business from the otherewise unlucky hunters.

For a nice and pleasant difference, while reading this years hunters report from Princeton, I took out my Stradivarious and played a tune from Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake" :)

Blainer
10-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Took a couple young fellas in that general area,8-05,last week and the one young fella dropped a 2 point.Seen nothing big.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/100_0435.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20837&size=big&cat=500)

MattB
10-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Been working in the bush everyday in Princeton. I have only seen a handfull of small 2 and 3 point bucks. Wait for a good dump of snow and then bucks will be around. But right now everything is scattered from alpine to the grassland valley bottoms! Tough hunting out there right now!

islandhunter
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Blainer, wanna sell that rifle???? ;)