PDA

View Full Version : moose everywhere!!

lightmag
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Well i'll have to say this year has been great for seeing moose!! seriously almost everytime i went out locally i saw moose, to date i have seen 2, 40-50" bulls, a beautiful 3-4 year old bull, called in 3 other bulls, no shot on any of them:confused: the 2pt which is now in my freezer, 5 sets of cows and calves and 12 dry cows! 4 alone today, :mrgreen: 90% of these have been seen in one area:mrgreen: a honey hole of sort, lots of "road hunters" thru it, but it works well for me:wink:

Elk was a different story locally, zip, zero, zilch!! not even a bugle?? 1st time in 4 years i haven't had bulls standing in front of me or on the ground, next year it's my focus!

Now on too deer, Muley's as the main target with whitey's bringing up the rear!! i'll keep you posted!

Kevin21
10-25-2010, 07:45 PM
I hear ya my "spot" this year saw 5 cows 2 dry and we harvested 2 bulls and a cow in 6 days weird thing was no bears which i bought a tag for and figured it was a sure thing but i guess you can never think that lol

ianwuzhere
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
ive had mixed bag-seen some nice bull elk locally-bagged one not locally.. could have shot a two calf moose but lotsa work either way. I havent seen many bull moose this year. was rainin a lil too much for me yesterday... -yup mulies are in the sights- going for a cranker this year as i got lotsa time off for it.,..

moosinaround
10-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Well i'll have to say this year has been great for seeing moose!! seriously almost everytime i went out locally i saw moose, to date i have seen 2, 40-50" bulls, a beautiful 3-4 year old bull, called in 3 other bulls, no shot on any of them:confused: the 2pt which is now in my freezer, 5 sets of cows and calves and 12 dry cows! 4 alone today, :mrgreen: 90% of these have been seen in one area:mrgreen: a honey hole of sort, lots of "road hunters" thru it, but it works well for me:wink:

Elk was a different story locally, zip, zero, zilch!! not even a bugle?? 1st time in 4 years i haven't had bulls standing in front of me or on the ground, next year it's my focus!

Now on too deer, Muley's as the main target with whitey's bringing up the rear!! i'll keep you posted!

Dam it Lightmag, stay out of my way!! Your loud freakin hemi is scarin away the critters!!:wink: I have also had a pretty good year moose wise! Lets pool together for those freakin bugling Ba$tards!! I did finally get a local bull bugling this year, but non up north this year! Rumor has it my hunting partner that was with me when we heard the bull bugle, seen it the next morning and it was a 4 pointer!! Dam elk!! Moosin

moosinaround
10-25-2010, 11:15 PM
PS see ya out there!! I'll be chasing those same mulies and whities!! Moosin