PDA

View Full Version : Quadriplegic Hunting Access

girlhunter1
10-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I Have A Good Freind Who Is A In A Wheelchair And Is An Incopmlete Quad. He Has Use Of One Hand. He Was An Avid Hunter Before His Accident 10 Years Ago. He Wants To Try And Get A Nice Buck This Year, However It Is Not That Easy, As It Is Hard For Him To Access A Lot Of Area. Was Wondering If Anyone Knew Of Any Ranchers That Would Let Him Hunt On Thier Land Up North In The Hudson Hope, Fort St John Area. He Is Unable To Handle The Cold This Time Of The Year, So He Pretty Well Has To Stay In A Warm Truck. Please Pm Me If Anyone Has Any Info.

elkdom
10-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Muley ? or White Tail ?,

what dates?

does your friend have someone along at all times to "assist in recovery"?

girlhunter1
10-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Muley is what he would really like to get, and yes, i will be with him to retrieve it. We are heading up on November the 6th and hopefully be able to stay up for the week if everything goes ok for him.

oldschoolguy
10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Off topic, but where did you type that first message. The first letter of every word is uppercase

Gateholio
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Off topic, but where did you type that first message. The first letter of every word is uppercase

That's what happens when you leave the CAPS LOCK on

huntcoop
10-26-2010, 10:00 AM
That's what happens when you leave the CAPS LOCK on

Would it not then be the opposite? kINDA lIKE tHIS...

oldschoolguy
10-26-2010, 11:36 AM
You'd Have To Hit Shift At The Start Of Every Word

DaBears
10-26-2010, 03:08 PM
You'd Have To Hit Shift At The Start Of Every Word

Seems rather odd .. i noticed the same thing

girlhunter1
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Found a very nice Rancher that is allowing him to hunt on his land. We are leaving on the 7th for a week. Hopefully with a lot of luck, i will be posting a picture of my buddy in the wheelchair with a nice buck.:mrgreen:

nwalter
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
wish the both of you the best of luck.
Like hearing about people not giving up on passions in their life even when they are dealt some difficult cards

Gateholio
11-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Would it not then be the opposite? kINDA lIKE tHIS...

WHEN YOU DO IT IN ALL CAPS THE SOFTWARE sometimes CHANGES IT TO CAPITOL FIRST LETTER I DON'T KNOW WHY

GOOD LUCK GIRLHUNTER, HAVE FUN

Wolfman
11-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Girlhunter, that's awesome!

It will be great for your friend to get out and bag his buck.

I have a buddy down here who is paraplegic and is in the process of getting his CORE so he can get out as well.

Good luck to you and to your buddy

girlhunter1
11-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks Guys, this guy is a go getter, this summer he went bunjie jumping. They strapped him in his chair and threw him off the bridge. Freaked me out watching the video. Next he is going to skydive. Gotta love his go getter attitude. He is so excited about this hunt, i sure hope he gets a buck too, that will be one more thing on his list of many things this man has done in a wheelchair.

BCrams
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
That is fantastic!! All the best with the Peace country hunt.