PDA

View Full Version : Tape over B.O.S.S

snareman1234
10-25-2010, 11:26 AM
not going to tape up the boss...

I have a browning A-bolt, and it has the B.O.S.S. and it came with a muzzle break and just a solid end piece aswell.,..I have the solid piece on, but can I put electricians tape over that?

I just dont know if thats going to be different than putting it over the end of the barrel, because its about 2-3" from the end of my barrel

boxhitch
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Same result
Tape keeps the crap out, and is blown off with air pressure.
Ane/or loose the long weight and get a simple thread protector

Duckman
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Same result
Tape keeps the crap out, and is blown off with air pressure.
Ane/or loose the long weight and get a simple thread protector

Where can one get that?

Tlineman
10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
How do you like the BOSS? I have a A-Bolt as well and decided against the BOSS as I'd advised it was murder on the ear drums of your hunting partners. I don't mind the kick on mine at all, 7mm rem mag. I also always run a layer of tape over the tip of my barrel to keep debris out.

mark
10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I tape over the wife gun with a muzzle break, no problems!

snareman1234
10-25-2010, 09:46 PM
How do you like the BOSS? I have a A-Bolt as well and decided against the BOSS as I'd advised it was murder on the ear drums of your hunting partners. I don't mind the kick on mine at all, 7mm rem mag. I also always run a layer of tape over the tip of my barrel to keep debris out.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=772943)
The B.O.S.S is good, its the Balistic Optimizing Stabilizing System, which is basically a counter balance to reduce barrel vibration/ resonance...The muzzel break is an option that can be added on to the B.O.S.S....and yes if you use the muzzle break it kills your ears,,,1st buck I shot was the last day that muzzle break got to stay on, now I just use a solid end.